• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: Naruto Shippuden

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dayblack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
neshru wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
It's crazy, right??? Our stupid wars take years to end, when theirs was only three days. Confused We can learn from them.

The thing is, this last Naruto arc wasn't really a war. Actual wars don't play out like this. The whole thing was basically just a giant excuse to have some cool match-ups. Basically, a glorified tournament.

In other news, we now know who is handling the upcoming episodes:
Hiroyuki Yamashita is director and animation director for episodes 476 and 477.
He directed the Boruto movie and some of the best action episodes on the series (322 and 375).Also, most of the best animation on Shippuden throughout the years comes from him.
Toshiyuki Tsuru is director and animation director for episode 478.
He was director for the third Naruto movie and many of the best episodes on the series (episode 48 from part 1, episodes 82, 85, 123, 166 from Shippuden). He's also directed a lot of Naruto OPs and EDs, both on the original series and on Shippuden).

So basically the fight will not disappoint Smile

Next week there is no episode of Naruto Shippuden and the next so little.
In chapter 476 come out on television on September 29, it will last 50 minutes and is the last chapter.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
The Uchiha aren't a clan, they're a cult. Sasuke's plan is no different from Madara's, except he wants to do it in reality. Same idea, different savior.

Speaking of Madara's plan, I'm still not exactly clear on his end-game. Did he just want all the pod-people to be happy until they, i.e., humanity died out? Or was everyone in the pods supposed to remain dreaming in stasis forever? What was Madara going to do during all that? Sit on a rock and play solitaire? Become a pod-person too?
Dextres

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
The Uchiha aren't a clan, they're a cult. Sasuke's plan is no different from Madara's, except he wants to do it in reality. Same idea, different savior.

Speaking of Madara's plan, I'm still not exactly clear on his end-game. Did he just want all the pod-people to be happy until they, i.e., humanity died out? Or was everyone in the pods supposed to remain dreaming in stasis forever? What was Madara going to do during all that? Sit on a rock and play solitaire? Become a pod-person too?

Madara wanted to de-weaponalize chakra(closer to what the sage of six paths preach about chakra & nishuu) and obtain peace to end conflict and fighting/at least his "ideal" of it when he was narrating to sage mode edo Harashima(while still an edo tensai himself at the time)..

Though, since he reed the uchiha tablet that was tampered with by Black zestu/kaguya will, in the end he was played as a puppet.

The last thing Madara said before being backstab by black zestu, was, he will be the savior of the world(Madara had ego and arrogance) to Naruto after eternal tsuyumio was activated.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Spin-off series concept: the setting is a parallel universe in which Madara's plan succeeds and everyone save him is a pod person forever. We now segue into an anime version of The Last Man on Earth, and slowly watch as Madara is absorbed by loneliness, madness, and - eventually - regret.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
I've honestly never understood Naruto and Sakura's near-fanatical devotion to Sasuke. He barely cares about either one of them, had no qualms about letting Sakura die in battle, and is perfectly willing to dispatch Naruto (his most vocal devotee) so he can rule as a *well-intentioned* dictator. I think most of his beefs with the village are legitimate, but the way he treats the people who care about him has effectively diminished any sympathy I might have had for the character. (Which reminds me - poor Karin.)

Misguided revenge makes you do crazy things.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
CANNOT BELIEVE ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!

I stopped watching Naruto because i did read the manga every week and i decided to watch the obito fight in a marathon. So basically i stopped watching Naruto around the time Neji died

Little did i know that Shippuden would go on a filler rampage hahah

So i think its been over 2 years of content i can catch up on. I am really glad they did fillers for Kaguya stuff because Kishi really screwed up in the last hurdle. He just didn't explain anything for us.

I have 2 weeks to watch everything before Sasuke vs Naruto. Really excited.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
COREY2293 wrote:

So i think its been over 2 years of content i can catch up on. I am really glad they did fillers for Kaguya stuff because Kishi really screwed up in the last hurdle. He just didn't explain anything for us.

What was there to explain in the last stretch? Especially when general consensus was that Kishimoto was already dragging things out to the point of causing arc fatigue.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
COREY2293 wrote:

What was there to explain in the last stretch? Especially when general consensus was that Kishimoto was already dragging things out to the point of causing arc fatigue.

He dragged it out with Kaguya. It should have ended with madara then 'you know what'

Kaguya was just a throw away
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
COREY2293 wrote:

He dragged it out with Kaguya. It should have ended with madara then 'you know what'

Kaguya was just a throw away

Like I said many felt he was already dragging things out even without the out of nowhere appearance of Kaguya having flashbacks during battles and chapters where not much happens to move things along or fake outs can really mess up your pacing.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Looks like it's going to be a three week stretch until the next episode, but it will be a big one. That's why the preview was in B&W.

Upcoming episodes (from the ANN list):
2016-09-29 476. The Final Battle
2016-09-29 477. (Episodes 476 and 477 are an hourlong broadcast)
2016-10-06 478. Unison Sign

The Final Battle will cover five chapters.
Unison Sign is chapter 699.

So that will pretty much end the manga. Chapter 700 would be part of Boruto. Although I can't say how much longer the show itself will go, but it appears it will go until New Year's.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:35 pm Reply with quote
The sheer volume of Sakuga in these two episodes more then made up for the sheer volume of QUALITY throughout the shippuden anime compared to the original Part 1 of Naruto's anime.
Dextres

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Epic episodes to an epic battle.

Take a good look, this is the last time we will ever see them fight ever again.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
To be honest, I thought some of the earlier portions of the fight felt too coreographed, as if Naruto and Sasuke were dancing instead of actively trying to hit each other, but I can't deny Hiroyuki Yamashita and his team did an overall amazing job with these two episodes. I hope the animation quality doesn't drop too much next week, because I like the aftermath even better than the fight itself.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
The author said it all, these episode were simply amazing, nothing more, nothing less.
Tajima

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Naruto's punches land more satisfyingly for the viewer than Sasuke's

I wouldn't normally tell an author to "speak for themselves," apart from that fact that she's purporting to actually try and speak for the audience here. But yeah, "speak for yourself". Some of us are still Sasuke fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 37 of 44