• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tech TV Staff Laid Off

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:33 am Reply with quote
GirlyMan wrote:
Don`t get me wrong, I like Anime but I`m unsure if it belongs there.

If they actually bothered to advertise Anime Unleashed once in a while, it'd probably feel more at home on the network. Might also be less of a supposed ratings drag since...people'd actually know it was on then.

They also need more high-profile titles like Last EXILE and less of the Bandai & Geneon castoffs like Betterman & Geneshaft. Maybe the first Gatekeepers series? Texhnolyze? ROD: THE TV would be a stretch, but it could conceivably fit (hey, if SoulTaker & Boogiepop Phantom qualify...). Ooh, appealing to Viz for SaiKano could work out quite nicely, as well.

Of course, I'da rather seen TechTV get Heat Guy J and add a bunch of commercial breaks than MTV2 get it and rearrange episodes, change the timeslot every day, and what-have-you. But it's too late for that...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
GirlyMan wrote:
Don`t get me wrong, I like Anime but I`m unsure if it belongs there.

If they actually bothered to advertise Anime Unleashed once in a while, it'd probably feel more at home on the network. Might also be less of a supposed ratings drag since...people'd actually know it was on then.

They also need more high-profile titles like Last EXILE and less of the Bandai & Geneon castoffs like Betterman & Geneshaft. Maybe the first Gatekeepers series? Texhnolyze? ROD: THE TV would be a stretch, but it could conceivably fit (hey, if SoulTaker & Boogiepop Phantom qualify...). Ooh, appealing to Viz for SaiKano could work out quite nicely, as well.

Of course, I'da rather seen TechTV get Heat Guy J and add a bunch of commercial breaks than MTV2 get it and rearrange episodes, change the timeslot every day, and what-have-you. But it's too late for that...

I'd like to see a Gundam series on AU, than on Cartoon Network, personally, but that'll never happen in this lifetime.... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
okendri

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Why are you wanting Gundam on AU?
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote
okendri wrote:

It just seems to me that it'd be better on AU, than CN, along with the fact that it has to do with technology.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GirlyMan

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:47 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
okendri wrote:

It just seems to me that it'd be better on AU, than CN, along with the fact that it has to do with technology.

But does Anime has anything to do with tech to beging with?
okendri

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:16 am Reply with quote
Well it fits CN since it is animated. Anyway CN had Gundam long before Techtv thought about adding anime to their channel. I would like series that made their name on a certain channel stay on that channel, if possible.

Most of the anime shown on Techtv involves in the application of today's or tomorrow's technology as a central theme. The best example would be Serial Experiments Lain. The themes brought up concerning the Wired and what is real and what is not can be linked to today's internet culture.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4