• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia Suggestion List.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikoto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:47 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this before but if there's a section for OP and EDs, why not one for Insert Songs? Especially for the less popular anime, it's really hard to conduct a search on the web for it.

Just a thought. Wink
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I moved the discussion about 2ch and incorrect credits because it really doesn't belong in the suggestions list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CMB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:45 am Reply with quote
As I'm new to this forum I have a question about light novels. Are you going to have them in the encyclopedia at anytime in the future? I feel they would fit as they are an growing part of the anime/manga world. Smile
Obaa-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I think it would be useful to have links from the title page to a column dealing with that title. I'm especially thinking of Buried Treasure column. For example, the last column deals with To-Y, an entry that barely has any info. I didn't see a good way to add a link to the wealth of information that is Justin's column (Links seems hardly appropriate, since it is specifically "links to unofficial fan sites".
I feel that there should be a more visible place to add this kind of link.

Pfyyf. I can't believe I read all 14 pages of this thread to post this. Zac sure put the fear of God into me...
molloaggie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quote
You know, the Top 10/50 feature of the Encyclopedia has always been one of my favorite. I'd like to suggest another item to the list. How about a Movers and Shakers list? It would compare the number of people who had viewed the title this month with the number of people who had viewed the title last month. The titles with the highest numbers of new viewers would be listed. I would also suggest listing the titles' rating from last week so people can see if it continued upward or started going downward.

I think rating would satisfy a lot of people who want to see newer titles in the ratings and compare them to other newer titles. After a while, the Top 50 becomes rather standerized and therefore old news. A Movers and Shakers category would always be fresh and different each month.

Since this would be a basic comparision that can be done with just subtraction, I would hope it wouldn't cause too much difficulty in programming and starting it. I know you would have to save the previous month's rating to compare though and that could take time and server space to set up. I do hope it's a doable project and I think people would enjoy this chart.

Thanks so much for considering my proposal.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if this is already been suggested but I'll shoot the gun anyways.
How about adding a certain link from the Anime forum section to the designated Enclopedia page that has the same relation.

For example: Adding the "Bleach, post-filler: back to the main story." thread to the Bleach Enclopedia page. It would be like how Talkback forum section is with the "NEWS:" threads.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this has already been mentioned but what about a separate section for novels, since anime like FMP and Haruhi are based off Novels. One entry for a Novels section(If it is made) that should be added is the Guin saga by Karou Kurimoto which presently stands at 113 volumes and still on going since roughly 1979. Dormcat and the rest of the encyclopedia staff why hasn't there been a Japanese novel section added to ANN after all these years?

Last edited by LightYagami on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't know where, but I do know that a section for novels has been requested previously.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quote
Personally, I think a renai game or visual novel section should be put in before a novel section. Uh, it may just be personal taste though. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop But it seems to me they have closer ties to anime than novels... And I'm sure with novels, we're going to get people submitting ones that have nothing to do with anime at all... Both would be nice though.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
If there is going to be games and novels included in the Encyclopedia, the first priority will be those have been adapted into anime or vice versa. Same for live-action show right now.

On the other hand, I've got my hands full with manga alone... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Personally, I think a renai game or visual novel section should be put in before a novel section. Uh, it may just be personal taste though. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop But it seems to me they have closer ties to anime than novels... And I'm sure with novels, we're going to get people submitting ones that have nothing to do with anime at all... Both would be nice though.

I don't know I think with all the novels that have started coming out in the U.S, I'd rather see the novels added. It's not like a whole lot of the visual novels come out stateside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Royali-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:59 am Reply with quote
It would be great if you could put information about the charecters (even picture) and not only of the voice actors
artha5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone already suggested this, but sometimes the vintage aren't complete, so maybe could be information about if the manga/anime is already finished, cancelled or still in production.
Nobleman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quote
About the Trivia pages.

They are really messy as they are now. Implementation of some sorting system would be really nice. Let's say trivia would be sorted acording to episodes.

For example:
Basic trivia:
Character X concept is taken from anime Y.

Episode 1:
During lunch character F stands near statue which reminds T from series J.
----------------------------------------
While walking in the park, they are talking about W from series T.

And so on.

Trivia could be added same way as companies/cast/staff. It would require to press "+" (Floating thingie would say something like: Add trivia for ep D) and voila, no more mess.

PS: please don't kill me if this has been suggested already.
rti9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:00 am Reply with quote
Nader wrote:
Just a suggestion,

when i checked the Rating stats, i thought why not include Top 10 Best Rated (Top 50) Anime of 2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 for all Animes Vintage is in 2001, 2002 for 2002, 2003 etc...
So every year has its Top Rated for Vintages in that year, and when a Anime starts in 2002 and get into 2003 will be listed under 2002 for example, 2003 under 2003 Anime, 2004 under 2004 Anime etc.
I already saw there was News Archive since 1998, so i thought why not for Anime of every year.
So people can check for best Animes of year 2001,2002,2003,2004 etc..

Top 10 Anime of 2001 (Vintage 2001)
Top 10 Anime of 2002 (Vintage 2002)
Top 10 Anime of 2003 (Vintage 2003)
Top 10 Anime of 2004 (Vintage 2004)
Top 10 Anime of 2005 (Vintage 2005)
Top 10 Anime of 2006 (Vintage 2006)

My total support. This would be an incredibly interesting piece of data. Much better than any longwinded threads of people just blurting random titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 21