• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Series Producer Baba Addresses Zestiria's Controversy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
I've actually seen someone outright say that the game's that producer's and developer's spend months even year's working their finger's to the bone on, while juggling personal relationships with, and even endangering their health on.

Belongs to them i.e. the person that spends anywhere from 15-60 dollars on something they'll very likely complain about for not doing everything to specifically please them or the people they think shares the same mentality and (pickiness on) that they then wind up speaking for on their behalf.

Stuff like this makes it hard not to call certain segments of the gaming community entitled.
Value is subjective; always has been and always will be. It doesn't matter if you've worked the skin off your fingers, sacrificed decades off your life working forty-eight hour days and seen your children die because you were too devoted to your work to save them; what matters is whether people think it's worth paying for. Artists of any stripe are not above this, no matter the amount of self-entitled whining.

As a side note, I've never seen this "x are entitled" rambling when people complain something sucks outside of gaming. I think that speaks volumes about the people bitching about customer opinions.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
what matters is whether people think it's worth paying for.

Like you said value is subjective, so of course everyone's going to have a different opinion on how valuable or worthless a product is, rational arguments or otherwise.

Polycell wrote:
As a side note, I've never seen this "x are entitled" rambling when people complain something sucks outside of gaming.

It exists you just got to know what part of the internet or social media to search or stumble upon.
Estelle the White Mage

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I think the developer is avoiding the problem that he addresses in his interview.

He states that fans were angry that Zestiria did not deliver as much content with a preferred character.
But the problem is that they heavily advertised her character, and did not deliver on it. In fact she was essentially DLC content.

Not saying whiny complainers are justified, Im just pointing out that this "address of the issue" doesn't really quell the problem. It's just scooting the issue under the rug, and Bandai shrugging their shoulders.

I mean, an analogy would be a Call of Duty Black Ops game where 50%+ of marketing advertisements goes into showing off the zombies mode, then upon purchasing the game customers find out there's only one zombie mission, and the rest must be bought as DLC.

Sure Treyarch could then say "I don't know what all your guys' problem is, but clearly we never mentioned zombies would be a huge portion of the game. Sure we heavily advertised that aspect, but you all must have misinterpreted it. Thanks for the pre-orders though."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4