• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Little Busters! Anime's Promo Video Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:48 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
opn wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:
Juhachi wrote:
I don't see why people think this is an April Fools joke. The info was leaked a week before the "official" announcement, and Key specifically posted the notice on March 31 on their website.

Also, instead of either KyoAni or PA Works, I'm thinking the anime might be done by White Fox. It's hard to tell with the promo, but I think it's fairly obvious that KyoAni's not doing it.

And that's why people think it's an April Fool's joke. Trailer wasn't up to KyoAni quality. At the end of the day, the title has to sell discs. If it ain't KyoAni, then the substitute studio has to hit the same quality level as what KyoAni would. Therefore, a substitute studio wouldn't put out such a video.

it was just a video showing what the characters would look like in the anime nothing more and nothing less besides the final product is always better.

It's a much desired franchise. The first video would be expected to look better if it wasn't KyoAni.

again the final product always looks better then what it first looked like and besides the designs looked exactly like their visual novel counterparts and they even fixed komaris design.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
again the final product always looks better then what it first looked like and besides the designs looked exactly like their visual novel counterparts and they even fixed komaris design.

It's usually the opposite, trailers and previews are supposed to make the end product look better.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
opn wrote:

It's usually the opposite, trailers and previews are supposed to make the end product look better.

well there kinda wasnt much the trailer was just meant to show the characters thats kinda all and for what it was it was fine and i have complete faith in whoever is doing it (unless its deen or JC staff) that it'll be a great adaption of the visual novel like clannad was.
fromtheashes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I already had a feeling this day would come. I'm totally stoked now. This is the first time since becoming a fan of Key's work that I'm now anticipating a new release but it was to be expected that an anime based on their second newest popular eroge was gonna be made. Let's see what new cute quirks these girls have as well as the awesome characters that will touch my soul. Very Happy Hopefully, we'll see a better promo soon.

Now...I wonder what that masked guy said.. Confused
opn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
fromtheashes wrote:

same here...it kinda sounded like happy april fools but its hard to tell....
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Somehow I feel a bit disappointed. I dont know, but I think the art isn't really good especially compared to the original. The face proportions are bit off (I think, especially Nishizono and Komari, and the very exact moment I see Riki, I felt like, who is this dude?)

Personally I dont think KyoAni is the one doing it, but the possibility still exists. I hate to say this but White Fox could probably be the one.

And it could possibly just a sick jokes for April Fools. The art is not good enough for me to make me believe that this is real. I mean, I saw a lot of fanmade videos which exceed this quality.

But still, despite complaining this much, I am still happy enough to roll on the floor in excitement.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 pm Reply with quote
This. Is. HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rin and Kud look awesome!!!! I have been waiting so long for this game to be made into an anime!!!! ITS A DREAM COME TRUE! Anime cry
GeoReaver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
fromtheashes wrote:

The masked guy (a.k.a Mask The Saito) says Harya hore umau. Kind of a catchphrase.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:37 am Reply with quote
GeoReaver wrote:
opn wrote:
fromtheashes wrote:

The masked guy (a.k.a Mask The Saito) says Harya hore umau. Kind of a catchphrase.

Woah, so you made an account just to tell that?

I actually know it and can easily tell everyone but I like to see people argue over it.

Anyway, this is a very nice pic from zen

In which he wrote "If I'm lying, burdock roots will grow from my eyes!"
Eternal September

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
fromtheashes wrote:
Wow. I already had a feeling this day would come. I'm totally stoked now. This is the first time since becoming a fan of Key's work that I'm now anticipating a new release but it was to be expected that an anime based on their second newest popular eroge was gonna be made. Let's see what new cute quirks these girls have as well as the awesome characters that will touch my soul. Very Happy Hopefully, we'll see a better promo soon.

If you are a Key fan, why aren't you reading the actual Key work?

It's already available english.
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:42 am Reply with quote
Hard to say if it the actual trailer, it might be a troll in terms of quality until after April 1st. Key always has something every April first they have made jokes in the past. I will wait to hear news from Dengeki on April 10th to see what is going on. Everyone is in speculation of a studio due to the animation quality, so we will see. I do hope Kyoto since that is who KEY would love to use.
rejer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:48 am Reply with quote
What will you guys do if it's indeed an April 1st joke and that there won't be an anime adaption of LB ?

Man, I can't even imagine how powerful the rage over this gonna be lol.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:11 am Reply with quote
Well, Adult Swim already did the April Fool's joke! Laughing
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:21 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
opn wrote:

well there kinda wasnt much the trailer was just meant to show the characters thats kinda all and for what it was it was fine and i have complete faith in whoever is doing it (unless its deen or JC staff) that it'll be a great adaption of the visual novel like clannad was.

But a lot of people don't. And you mentioned a KyoAni production (Clannad). Basically it now boils down to the studio rep with the Japanese otaku as to whether or not this title makes loads of money.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Eternal September wrote:
If you are a Key fan, why aren't you reading the actual Key work?

It's already available english.

I know a few Key fans waiting for Ecstasy, since it seems kinda pointless to read it now with the upgraded version out soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5