• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
explosionforgov

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
More Shinobu I understand but more Hayato?.....why would anybody want that?

I don't think it's a spoiler, but the reason I like Hayato is that everything he does, he does for his mother's sake. He knows the man posing as his father isn't his actual father, so all his snooping is for her sake. He's also, as far as I'm aware, the non-Stand user who fares the best in the series against Stand users. Remember, he can't even see Stands, so his quick thinking is very impressive.

I'm not sure which chapter "Thursday, the 15th" refers to, so I'm kind of stumped. There's at least four other stories I remember offhand before the big finale, so I'm not sure if it's a mixture of more than one of those, or something totally original (maybe we'll finally meet that radio DJ guy in person, or some reference to spoiler[Jotaro's wife and young daughter], who weren't revealed until Part 6?) I think there's 8-9 episodes left, so it'll be interesting to see how the pacing plays out.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
explosionforgov wrote:

I don't think it's a spoiler, but the reason I like Hayato is that everything he does, he does for his mother's sake. He knows the man posing as his father isn't his actual father, so all his snooping is for her sake.

Doesn't really justify the borderline voyeurism. And could care less attitude.
Valhern

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
explosionforgov wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
More Shinobu I understand but more Hayato?.....why would anybody want that?

I don't think it's a spoiler, but the reason I like Hayato is that everything he does, he does for his mother's sake. He knows the man posing as his father isn't his actual father, so all his snooping is for her sake. He's also, as far as I'm aware, the non-Stand user who fares the best in the series against Stand users. Remember, he can't even see Stands, so his quick thinking is very impressive.

I'm not sure which chapter "Thursday, the 15th" refers to, so I'm kind of stumped. There's at least four other stories I remember offhand before the big finale, so I'm not sure if it's a mixture of more than one of those, or something totally original (maybe we'll finally meet that radio DJ guy in person, or some reference to spoiler[Jotaro's wife and young daughter], who weren't revealed until Part 6?) I think there's 8-9 episodes left, so it'll be interesting to see how the pacing plays out.

It's Super Fly and Enigma arc, they happen in the same day so they'll be joining them together in only one big arc, probably of three episodes. They don't have that much time to spend with original episodes. It's possible that they might rearrange the Cheap Trick arc so all the climax-related episodes will be on a string.
MalcolmBelmont

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
spoiler[The Climax is going to be so good if they do it right. It's one of my favorite climaxes in JoJo. I really like the ending and it wrapped itself up perfectly though we will get to that later.]
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
This was one of the episodes I was looking forward to seeing. The cat plant looked a lot creepier than I expected it to be though.

Me, I like the monster-of-the-week stuff as much as the Kira stuff. The Highway Star episodes were exactly what I like to see in a JoJo fight: Creative on both sides but with the hero finding ways to overcome what feels like divine forces conspiring to stop him (or her).
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I found it interesting how the anime combined stand user arcs, although mostly focusing on Superfly, together in one episode. I did not expect that. But good episode overall. I can't wait to see how the anime wraps up DiU, since we're already nearing the end.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 32

Is there a reason Mikitaka couldn't just shapeshift out of being pinned to the tower (other than plot)?

Also, why doesn't Rohan just use his Stand again and relieve the guy of his phobia (after taking a peek first to see what's back there, in case the phobia is a good thing)? Besides plot. I mean, that's a pretty debilitating problem, since he otherwise seems to be a talented architect. I guess part of that at least will be addressed next week.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Also, why doesn't Rohan just use his Stand again and relieve the guy of his phobia.

Not to spoil anything but the reason he doesn't want anyone seeing his back isn't just a simple phobia. And Rohan's stand can't fix that.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Sam wrote:
Quote:
Fungami and Josuke end up finding a lot of cool mutual respect for each other, earned by way of a life or death fight between Fungami and an ordinary paper shredder in the middle of an open field.

Never change, JoJo, never change! Cool
MalcolmBelmont

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:03 am Reply with quote
Oh boy the finale arc is going to be quite a ride
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:56 am Reply with quote
So exactly how do soup, taxis, electricity and paper shredders show fear? I need to know what my printer's tell is so maybe I can calm it before it jams up.
MalcolmBelmont

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Enigma's fear rule only applies to humans and animals
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah really didn't need to see Hayato's baby penis multiple times, but other than that a fine episode. Also Hayato seemed oddly muscular for a grade schooler.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
it runs in the genes, wait until he's 15, eh will be another johnathan.
Cetais

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Yeah really didn't need to see Hayato's baby penis multiple times, but other than that a fine episode. Also Hayato seemed oddly muscular for a grade schooler.
Yeah, that's a weird rule in Japan. It's okay to show a kid naked if it's not sexualized.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 28