• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: He is My Master's Husband/Wife Creative Team Splits Up

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
samuelp wrote:
Maybe she objected.... TO THE TITLE?!!

Honestly, with a title like that and series that had underaged girls dress up in skimpy maid uniforms, who can blame his wife? There must be a connection somehow, but maybe not.

Why does there have to be a connection? And what's with all the assumption it's his fault? Ya know women do screw up marriages too people. Maybe she found another guy? Maybe he found another guy? Maybe it's really no ones business as it's their personal lives. Just because he wrote He is my Master does not mean he is some misogynistic jerk automatically. Have any of you met him? No? Then how would you know? I personally find it a shame they have become just another statistic in today's world showing marriage just isn't what it used to be. It used to mean something and was special. Now it's just a mockery for the most part. And for any fans who needs their ecchi fix just go read My Dearest Devil Princess or Eiken in the mean time. The manga had it's funny moments but honestly it could be replaced with any number of other series that basically have the same idea. Boy+lots of big breasted underaged girls.
DPX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully he can make some type of agreement with Ishikei to do the art, and after seeing some of his work (including his own doujins of He is my Master) I can safetly say that he would be the best choice for the new artist!
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
Gamen wrote:

I mean, seriously, it's not as if there's a lack of female artists who enjoy drawing ecchi material.

Female artists who actually like to draw ecchi? Never!

*coughCLAMPcough*

EDIT: And from what I've read here of this Ishikei dude... Nothx, find a different artist.

Noizi Ito of Haruhi Suzumiya, Shakugan no Shana, Nanatsuiro Drops and Be-Bee-Beat It! fame, draws a lot of ecchi.

And Kaworu Watashiya (Kodomo no Jikan) likes to draw ecchi material

And there are a lot more Female manga-ka who I can name who like to draw ecchi material
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
ShugoYotsuba wrote:

And there are a lot more Female manga-ka who I can name who like to draw ecchi material

"Likes to" and "realizes there's a lot of money to be made" are two different things.
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure they started out drawing H materials as a hobby before they became to be known for them. Hell, most of the top eroge artists are ladies: Carnelian, Mitsumi Misato, Nanao Naru, Hinoue Itaru, Yamamoto Kazue. With the amount of royalties and money they can make, I do see why any of them would feel compelled to do something they do not enjoy.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
He isn't Her Master.

Smile

Nice, quoted just for the irony. That got me to laugh.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
ShugoYotsuba wrote:

"Likes to" and "realizes there's a lot of money to be made" are two different things.

Like strippers in med school!
Relairknight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote
honestly despite the title that manga isn't really sexist or even all that perverse. The main character who tries to act perverted to his maids usually gets his ass kicked/heavy things dropped on him/fed to an alligator/etc. by said maids. Its really quite amusing, after he gets thrashed so repeatedly in every volume you start to feel sorry for the guy!
Twage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:33 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
ShugoYotsuba wrote:

It's true. On another note, obviously female manga-ka enjoy drawing manga, but there are definitely some who add fanservice to titles they like doing just so people will read them (even if money isn't involved -- i.e., it's a dojinshi).

The female manga-ka character from Flower of Life who (operating on bad advice) made her period romance into a contemporary yaoi so the dojin audience would read it springs to mind.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:02 am Reply with quote
Guess it's a good thing they did the anime when they did. No wonder I wasn't seeing the sixth volume at all.
LostGeneration

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Relairknight wrote:
honestly despite the title that manga isn't really sexist or even all that perverse. The main character who tries to act perverted to his maids usually gets his ass kicked/heavy things dropped on him/fed to an alligator/etc. by said maids. Its really quite amusing, after he gets thrashed so repeatedly in every volume you start to feel sorry for the guy!
Especially since the stuff Yoshitaka(main character) does isn't as bad as the stuff Anna(yuri maid) and the alligator do to Izumi(main maid, if you will). It isn't fair... Dang, CAN'T WAIT FOR VOLUME 5!
As for the divorce, I really hope the two can get back together not as ex-husband/ex-wife but as simple co-workers. Both of them should just put their past behind them where it belongs and get this manga up and running again.
If not, I certainly hope Ishikei will take up the offer because I know that he has no problem drawing... Anatomy... LOL!
LostGeneration

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quote
samuelp wrote:
Maybe she objected.... TO THE TITLE?!!
You know, reading volume 5, I think Mattsu was flirting a little too much with the assistants and his wife got mad. Darn shame!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3