• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gundam's Yoshiyuki Tomino Reminds Us All That Char Definitely Has Sex

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

When it comes to matters of oral sex, Tomino was just as frank, stating that he expects voice actresses to be able to portray a level of expectation for sexual reciprocation.

As they say, there's always Quess

Please don't use cutesy language for 'rape' when you mean consensual sex.-LL

Last edited by enurtsol on Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:31 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
Never change, Tomino. I absolutely love when he talks about stuff like this. It's such a unique view, I couldn't help but smirk.

Creepy misogynists usually talk like this; it's not unique?

thekingsdinner wrote:
And honestly, I like it when there are characters in media who have sex lives. It's part of human life (except mine as of yet) and makes characters feel more real and interesting. It's not a neccesity per se, but still very appreciative.

Yeah, absolutely, but talking about the "quality" of a character/person's genitals does not equate to characters in media having "real and interesting sex lives". Like, in no way. Confused
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe Tomino of all people would say something like that.
TexZero

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:41 pm Reply with quote
The real irony of DC's refusal is Season 1 of Harley Quinn already covered went there during episode 3 or 4 forget which. Ivy recounts to Harley that batman isn't a qualified nemisis because he doesn't have any hair per Catwoman's description.

Also...it's a show on HBO Max meant for adults. I think the last of your problems is marketing the non-existent toy line.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
Tomino should of said if Amuro had sex or not.

Didn’t the Char’s Counterattack Novel confirm he did?[/quote]

Yeah but the novel and the movie are different though. So... I only saw the movie and there wasn't anything about it ever. Not that I really care, just being humorous about it all.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Batman made headlines on Monday when Harley Quinn showrunner Justin Halpern revealed that in the adult animated comedy show's third season, a reference to Batman performing cunnilingus on Catwoman was vetoed by DC Comics.

They later said that they vetoed it because they have to sell toys to kids. Adult cartoons are generally lewd and raunchy. More so than live action stuff in a lot of cases. I'm surprised they ever green let an adult cartoon for Batman, let alone 3 seasons of it if they were fearful that non-kid friendly stuff might take place.

Basically nothing in hits like South Park, Bojack Horseman, Family Guy, and Drawn Together is particularly kid friendly and those are the hit shows so what else did they think it would be?
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
They later said that they vetoed it because they have to sell toys to kids. Adult cartoons are generally lewd and raunchy. More so than live action stuff in a lot of cases. I'm surprised they ever green let an adult cartoon for Batman, let alone 3 seasons of it if they were fearful that non-kid friendly stuff might take place.

Basically nothing in hits like South Park, Bojack Horseman, Family Guy, and Drawn Together is particularly kid friendly and those are the hit shows so what else did they think it would be?

Because those shows are aimed exclusively at adults. Batman and comics as a whole are a Brand™ that encompasses all ages so they will have more restrictions put upon them even if the product is not aimed at kids. I've only seen like 2 episodes of the HBO Harley Quinn show before I dropped it since I didn't like it, but outside the swearing and some raunchy comedy it doesn't really get to South Park or Family Guy levels. Maybe it does later, I don't know, but we've had comics were The Punsher disembowels criminals and hangs their entrails up like Christmas tensil but drawing a pair boobs or a silhouette of a penis generates huge controversy. Some people are just really hung up about sex.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3