• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Marvel's Stan Lee Passes Away at 95

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hakase

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
95 years of age and legacy. Thank you and rest in peace.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Excelsior. Rest In Peace.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:01 pm Reply with quote
95 years young. Though he may be gone, his legacy will live on always. I grew up reading Marvel Comics, starting with TransFormers before branching into the Marvel Universe. I will miss his cameos in the many cinematic universes Marvel has made, but he was a true visionary.

Make Mine Marvel, Stan.

Excelsior!!
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Oh god. That's really sad. I know that Stan Lee was an old man but I always believed that he'd be one of those people who'd always be around. Recent drama aside,it's so sad so see him go. He influenced so many and his legacy will live forever. The tributes to this man are well-deserved.

R.I.P. Stan Lee. I hope Jack Kirby meets you at the Pearly Gates when you get there. Sad

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 pm Reply with quote
My day was already bad, and this just managed to make it worse. Yup! He was epic, and he will be missed. And I must be one of the few people who loved The Reflection, to the point of hoping to see more.

My condolenses to his family. Rest In Peace, Mr. Stan Lee.

Excelsior!!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:57 pm Reply with quote
He helped create characters that continue to inspire people to this day. He helped create something so grand that it has brought joy and affected lives through multiple decades and generations. You can't get much more of a better legacy than that.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
He will be remembered as a legend.

Spider-Man was always my favorite superhero. He wasn't the coolest, or the most powerful or even the smartest, even within the Marvel verse, but what he didn't have he made up in personality-- humor, especially sarcasm, and the guilt that weighed on his soul as he tried to live by the maxim "with great power comes great responsibility."

Plus, he, like most Marvel characters created by Stan Lee, lived in New York. That definitely added a realistic feel to its fantastical universe.

I also admire Stan Lee for working nearly to the end of his life. The Reflection was an underrated gem, imho, and I've been repping it on Facebook all day, trying to get more mainstream Marvel fans to learn about it. I hope more people check it out!
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 pm Reply with quote
RIP

Love so many of his characters and messages were very helpful growing up.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I'll post the same here that I posted on the RPF:

"We come into the world alone -- and we leave the same way... the time we spend in-between... time spent alive, sharing, learning... together... is all that makes life worth living."

Thank you, Stan Lee, for being my childhood hero, and helping to create a wonderful shared universe that taught me that it's okay to be different, even if you're feared and hated for it.
ericarreza

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 pm Reply with quote
R.I.P. Stan Lee

And damn, will there be a new season of this anime series called The Reflection since he's now gone & that anime is still a cliffhanger. Anime cry
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of how one feel about Stan, his contributions to the comic book industry cannot be ignored. He's up there with the likes of Walt Disney, Will Eisner, Winsor McCay (who Walt was greatly influenced by), Osamu Tezuka, and Shotaro Ishinomori.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:23 am Reply with quote
What can be said? Stan Lee was undoubtedly one of the most impressionable figures of modern times that helped inspire and revolutionize society all over the world in a positive way.

RIP and Excelsior!

v1cious wrote:
I suspect his is just the calm before the storm. The fight over Stan's estate will be unlike anything we've ever seen. At least he won't be here to get caught in the middle of it.

Hopefully after the legal battles a few months ago, everything in his estate is in good hands.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:27 am Reply with quote
He shaped my childhood and my entire life so to speak. R.I.P. to the legend, Stan Lee.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:37 am Reply with quote
R.I.P Stan Lee.. :C
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Thank-you for always being so connected to your fans and rest in peace. The heroes you have left behind will continue to inspire the good in all of us. Excelsior!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4