• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Is Anime Translated Faithfully In Other Languages?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
In the Reddit thread called "Hello, I am Ann Yamamoto, president of Pied Piper, Inc. Ask Me Anything", Ann said she is contractually bound with TV Tokyo to deliver the dub or lose her license for violating it. Since all that pledge money was coming in to help her, a faithful translation is ideal for the backers. Also, that faithful translation could help deliver dub and thus make TV Tokyo happy.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Southkaio wrote:
Since Pokkén Tournament, a video game, was voiced in Japan with the voices of English-speaking actors, it's very possible that the further Pokémon episodes will be voiced in Tokyo with the same people who did that video game.

Had no idea that English audio was present in the Japanese version of Pokkén Tournament... Or did I read that wrong? Confused

@Mr. Oshawott: I can explain to you. I hoped that Pokkén Tournament will be voiced in New York City, Los Angeles or Seattle. Instead, it was voiced in Japan with the English-speaking voice actors. To me, it means that the further seasons of the Pokémon will be voiced with the same people who did Pokkén Tournament. Do you understand me now?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Southkaio wrote:
@Mr. Oshawott: I can explain to you. I hoped that Pokkén Tournament will be voiced in New York City, Los Angeles or Seattle. Instead, it was voiced in Japan with the English-speaking voice actors. To me, it means that the further seasons of the Pokémon will be voiced with the same people who did Pokkén Tournament. Do you understand me now?

Yes, I got it now. Smile I think that may also explain why the voice acting for Nia sounded a bit awkward...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3