• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Psycho-Pass Producer Expresses Interest in Making More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 2:44 am Reply with quote
Sahmbahdeh wrote:
If we can get Urobuchi and Motohiro back to do it, or writers/directors who can do a good job otherwise, then yeah, I'm all for it. The setting has a lot of potential for exploration.
If not, I'd rather let it rest.

Pretty much this. That said, if Urobuchi is burned out on PP like he is with Madoka Magica, then let someone besides Ubukata or even Shiotani do it. I'd be down for Kenji Kamiyama doing a s3.
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:19 am Reply with quote
For those using Season 2 as a reason to not want more, you guys haven't seen the movie I guess. The movie is everything of the Psycho-Pass sequel that it deserves to be: delving into a plotline that discusses the Sibyl System on a more international scale whereas the first season only focused on more domestic impacts.

Really, if Urobuchi and Makoto are back on track for Season 3, I don't see why not. The fact that both Season 2 and the movie ended on open notes pretty much indicate that further installments are possible without the danger of sequel fatigue.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:
For those using Season 2 as a reason to not want more, you guys haven't seen the movie I guess. The movie is everything of the Psycho-Pass sequel that it deserves to be: delving into a plotline that discusses the Sibyl System on a more international scale whereas the first season only focused on more domestic impacts.

I've heard this a lot, and I've taken it into consideration. But most people here (myself included) haven't seen the movie yet, as there is no way to legally watch it in America yet. I know I haven't found anywhere to watch it.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:

As much as I disliked the second season, and I did--make no mistake, it did not poison me against the movie, or possible season three, or prequel, or whatever else they eventually decide to do. It will happen no matter what my opinions are, because apparently the franchise still carries enough weight, relevance, and popularity for them to believe they can continue it. That is a very good thing, actually.

My point is only that as much as the series' universe fascinates me, I would rather it end before pushing the characters and the plot to a where a fracture could weaken everthing it has accomplished so far. So many things have changed throughout its course. That is a rather selfish expectation on my part, but at the same time, there is no shame in ending something good and allowing it to rest. The series doesn't have anything else to prove, as far as I am concerned. I am still thinking about it. Insight as a lack of innovation could not be farther from the truth.
classicjelly

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
It's never the franchises I actually like that get tons of Seasons and movies

And yet ironically you have a precure avatar.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:24 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I wonder how he would get investors to help get the money to make another adaptation. Two seasons and a movie is a decent of anime but a third season could milk (though I haven't seen Psycho-Pass yet).

while i would be interest in a 3rd season, i really dont see how it would work at all. for one thing there is no more makashima let alone kirito.

and sakuya is six feet under which in retrospect could have used him as the main villain for season three. they only way i could see this work is that all of 1st division knows about the truth about sybil and its brings in the return of kogami which would force akane to either stay a slave to sybil or force her to go down the same path as kirito and decides to destroy it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:20 am Reply with quote
I was one of the very few who liked the second season, not as much as the first though it was still better than much of the stuff I have been watching. I found it more entertaining than Infinite Ryvius for instance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Akaime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
1st season was good.
2nd season was okay (still it pissed me off how she got so OP in no time and outsmarted almost everyone when not too long ago she sucked a lot...)
Season 3 - I hope It doesn't happen because I can already see how shitty it's gonna be...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3