• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Best (legal streaming) anime website?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Again, from what I've been told from others who have experienced this problem, it's very hit-or-miss and typically only happens at certain times of the day/week. I've never had a problem with it on weekdays during the middle of the day, for instance.

How intense the problem is also varies. Amongst times that I have this problem, it isn't commonly as bad it was last night, for instance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
don't know if this is necro-posting ..
but i would only be streaming to encourage dubs of titles i would like to see …but only when / if they had a dub..
so does crunchy roll have stuff from aniplex and VIZ as well as sentai and funi ?
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:10 am Reply with quote
the only shows that CR has from funi is One Piece, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, and Toriko. everything else is on funi's website. But I believe that only applies to North America

Last edited by getchman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:05 am Reply with quote
We have subscriptions to CR and Netflix, and I have a Prime account at Amazon. Some older shows like Clannad are available there for free.

Crunchy can be unreliable in the late afternoons as kids come home from school. I have had better success using its PC alternatives like my PS3. I suspect they may use a different "content distribution network" for devices than they do for computers.

Aniplex has been releasing its titles to Netflix, too. I've seen both Kill la Kill and Madoka among its offerings.

I'll also register my displeasure with Hulu for not eliminating advertising for its Hulu Plus subscribers. I don't really care that Plus gives me accelerated access to popular TV shows that I would never watch. It's just weird that Hulu Plus exclusives stream without commercials but subscribers are still forced to watch ads on its regular service. I subscribed to Plus for a while to watch a couple of movies I couldn't find on Netflix or Amazon Prime, but I've since let it lapse because of the advertising issue.
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Understanding Crunchyrolls limitations … it still seems they are the top dog in streaming ….. But …. do they have a great selection of sentai stuff ??
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm aware, most of Sentai's stuff is on Crunchyroll.
yuna49

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Sentai also streams many of its titles on its own site, theanimenetwork.com. Some of them are limited to subscribers, but most are available for free, though with commercials.
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
why thank you … so yes i am mainly interested in Sentai streams to TRY to encourage dubs of their titles i enjoy …
(since they have been grabbing up licenses like hot cakes lately )because from what i have heard that is like the only way to help with a Franchise being considered for an english dub and believe me i have tried to watch subs but i just can't seem to enjoy them …because I'm to busy READING MY ANIME
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3