• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Parts 1 + 2] (TV) [Phantom Blood + Battle Tendency].

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridiculus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Nescio, you took the words right out of my mouth. Smile

In the next World Cup finale, one team will win or it will lose. That's my PERFECT prediction. Laughing

But, gentlemen, let's talk about the TV series, not about our inability to predict things.

The first episode was really good, as far as adaptations go. Well, maybe a little too fast, but that's a small complaint. Phantom Blood is objectively the weakest part of the series, but it is the foundation of the JoJo mythology, and it is obvious that much love has been put into it by David Production. There are no J-pop songs (for now), and the end credit sequence is simple but beautiful.

I would suggest "The Beautiful Ones" by Prince as the next ending song. Or, even better, as the ending song for the third part.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
See, you had no basis to make you're completely wrong assertion that I am really an old user using a new account. I'm actually new to this forum and was brought here by some people discussing you on a seperate forum, where I use the exact same account name. Furthermore, whether or not I was an old user in disguise is irrelevant because it has nothing to do with my point. You're just trying to use an ad hominem to discredit me rather than using any sort of attempt to show that what I'm saying is wrong
Demon_Rin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Guys. Every TV show ever is boring and unoriginal.

Either the good guy will win, or it will be one of those kinds of series where the bad guy will win.

One of those two things will happen, predictable.

spoiler[Or even more predictable. The good guy could win, then be faked out when the bad guy shows up at the last minute, cuts the good guys head off, replaces it with his own head, thus stealing the good guys body, then goes on to have to fight the good guy's Great Great Grandson to save said grandson's mother's life]

I mean seriously, so predictable.
ridiculus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
All this talk about 'predictability' is very spooky because in the later parts of JoJo an important place is given to the quantum physics, which covers the same ground. Laughing That's just... an awesome intuition.

Anyway, the first part is not the best introduction to the series for the newcomer, but it is obviously a work of love targeted at the already existing fans.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:48 pm Reply with quote
lol imported defense.

and you wounder why people think anime fans froth at the mouth if you happen to dislike a series.

I'll repeat myself one last time! I don't care if you like the show or not I don't care if you agree with my assessment of this anime. I don't care if you don't like my opinion of this anime. get over it. if you have to talk about someone disliking this series in other forums you really need to get a better life!
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Don't get into specifics that ANN might frown on, but how are people watching this so far? Fansubs, downloaded Raws, actual Japanese TV broadcasts? I don't expect I would see it until a licensed stream comes through, which may or may not happen.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
lol imported defense.

and you wounder why people think anime fans froth at the mouth if you happen to dislike a series.

I'll repeat myself one last time! I don't care if you like the show or not I don't care if you agree with my assessment of this anime. I don't care if you don't like my opinion of this anime. get over it. if you have to talk about someone disliking this series in other forums you really need to get a better life!

Sander RX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:37 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
if you have to talk about someone disliking this series in other forums you really need to get a better life!

Not quite.I quoted you on another forum not because you liked or disliked the show,but because you were so amusingly misled by the first episode.It was an interesting example of how a person with no prior knowledge of the series can be misled into thinking he's watching a different kind of show,so I felt compelled to quote it.Trust me,I've been there,I myself didn't quite realise it was a shounen fighting series till spoiler[a guy showed up to teach JoJo anti-vampire magical martial arts].

Moreso because it was quite funny for anyone who knows how the story is actually going to turn out.You claimed that you could tell exactly how everything would turn out,yet were completely off with your predictions.Admit it,you'd be amused as well and I don't neccesarily mean it in a negative way.

Honestly,if you think that your posts got so much attention here and elsewhere because of some JoJo fanboys being ultra-defensive,then you've got to wonder how no one got bothered by negative assesments by other users in this very thread.

Hell,scratch that,if there were raging,frothing JoJo fanatics rushing to ANN because someone disliked their series...they'd be bitching at Carl Kimlinger right now.He gave it a 2/5 in his preview,yet I see no *JoJo-related* shitstorms in the preview guide thread. Clearly,a raging defence force of hyper-sensetive no-lifers would bother with an ANN reviewer instead of pestering an ordinary member,right? Wink

Seriously man,no one cares about whether you like it or not,had you showered it with praise and called it the greatest thing since sliced bread,but had still written that paragraf about princes and paupers and Monte Cristo or whatever,people would still call you out.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:44 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
lol imported defense.

Again, nobody gives a shit if you dislike a series, its more that you're disliking the series for a completely illegitimate reason that has nothing to do with the show itself. People dislike your attitude more than your opinion. Plus its really funny to talk about a guy whose assumptions are so off base and incorrect
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
DavidShallcross wrote:
Don't get into specifics that ANN might frown on, but how are people watching this so far? Fansubs, downloaded Raws, actual Japanese TV broadcasts? I don't expect I would see it until a licensed stream comes through, which may or may not happen.

If any series I want to watch does not have a legitimate stream, there is a fansub aggregator site I use to stream (not a fan of downloading) that has every title known to Humankind. That's how I'm watching Oh-oh JoJo.
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
lI'll repeat myself one last time! I don't care if you like the show or not I don't care if you agree with my assessment of this anime. I don't care if you don't like my opinion of this anime. get over it. if you have to talk about someone disliking this series in other forums you really need to get a better life!
I will also repeat myself. This doesn't have to be about liking or disliking the series. The point I try to make doesn't have anything to do with JoJo, so you might forget the series for a moment. I just want you to answer those questions I made. I don't think they are difficult questions, I am sure you can answer them fine.

Of course, this doesn't really belong in the JoJo thread anymore. I have started to feel a little bit bad for being part of making such a bad start for the thread.
savedbythebell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
lol imported defense.

Like everyone keeps saying. No one cares if you hated it. Its just your prediction we care about, because it was so completely and hilariously wrong.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
yeah right like dad taking dio's side saying how great the twisted little turd is compared to his spoiled son was unpredictable. or that dio would tell jojo how much he enjoyed kicking his dog and that dad is too stupid or blind to see that the kid who kicked his sons dog is an asshole. the anime has predictable BS however much you want to deny it. the writing is poor at best the retro look holds no attraction at all. and my opinion hasn't changed this anime gets zero bandwidth.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
dragoneyes001, your next line will be...

"jojo anime sucks okay? get over it because i'm done with you guys."
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Do I really need to say this? STOP feeding the trolls!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 13