• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chicks On Anime - Ball-Jointed Dolls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toshirodragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Since most of the answers where blah blah Den of Angels blah blah, would it have been a better use of space to just post the URL and move on to something you all know about?

And piss on Volks, the Koreans AND Chinese make much nicer, more realistic and better priced dolls.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Steel Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:28 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
The more I look at all these pics & shopping sites, the more reasonable the price starts sounding (though the base prices do not include things like wigs & clothing that one sees in the finished pics, right?).

Depends on the make/company and how it is being sold.
Some are sold with the as seen/pictured with the clothes, wigs, ect.
One of the things i do like about the Azones, they come exactly how you see them. The only thing not shown that often needs to be bought with any given doll is a stand to hold them, as some tend to fall over with out them. Thankfully those can be gotten cheaply.
Haipaa_Koneko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Haipaa_Koneko wrote:
<--- aaand shameless picture of my boy doll Anime hyper
Oh my, but isn't he the pretty one... *sigh* The more I look at all these pics & shopping sites, the more reasonable the price starts sounding (though the base prices do not include things like wigs & clothing that one sees in the finished pics, right?)

Alot of companies the base price is even without the makeup (normally known as Faceup) it costs about 50 dollars or more. Unless you want to really customize your own doll entirely.
As for clothes and wigs some companies offer basic sets (I.E. no clothe no wigs), full sets which include everything in the pictures, or they include a wig ( normally one that they have alot of stock of) with a very basic looking dress/outfit(mostly looks like pajamas or whatnot) or just underwear. Really it depends on the company. And THEN there's shipping Anime dazed...very expensive s'why aot of people in doll communities join mass orders or order through thrid party companies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3