• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Movie Trailer Officially Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BleuVII

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quote
ahem. *squee* Very Happy

This looks awesome, and I will be watching it in Japanese theaters. It looks like it may actually be a continuation, since Talho's character design is from the second half of the series, and Holland is already piloting the Devilfish. It is definitely NOT the manga's story though. [Though I will say that I really like the manga. The ending was suspect, but having Renton and Axl design the Nirvash spec 2 was a masterstroke.]

The latest issue of Newtype Magazine here in Japan has a two-page spread advertising the movie. Apparently, the little white creature seen in the previews is a baby Nirvash without its armor. Interesting.

----------------------------

On the main webpage under "Story", it says これはレントンとエウレカの、もうひとつの物語, which I believe translates to "This is one more story of Renton and Eureka," suggesting at a continuation. The tab that says "Introduction" has even more information that tells how it relates to the TV series, but I can't read it. Can a Japanese speaker help?
Animerican14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
Ah, thanks for the tip, Metal Superman Smile . It was uber-small, since it was partially hidden by an unavoidable bottom war of the window (really couldn't scroll down...).

Seeing the trailer, I got reminded of just how good the music was in that series, which had good songs of both the epic opera-esque type and the contemporary type. Actually caused me to listen to the full version of the opening "Sakura", which included part of one of my favorite worship songs.

To answer the question of Holland being on drugs, I think he might've been using them in the series to to basically overcome his pain and allow him to pilot after some serious injuries (albeit terribly risking his life).

...right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Metal Superman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
Ah, thanks for the tip, Metal Superman Smile . It was uber-small, since it was partially hidden by an unavoidable bottom war of the window (really couldn't scroll down...).

To answer the question of Holland being on drugs, I think he might've been using them in the series to to basically overcome his pain and allow him to pilot after some serious injuries (albeit terribly risking his life).

...right?

No problem. I'm glad to of helped.

You're right about Holland though. Although, they never came right out and said he was taking drugs, it can be assumed he did, because he would have blacked out had he not taken them.
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
The site says the movie is using a mix of TV footage redits, new footage, etc, and is making an entirely new story. Apparently this time it's taking place in like 2054 (instead of 12005...) and the Scurve Coral (who are now from space instead of appearing to be coming out of the ground) are now referred to as "Image" (pronounced with a long A).

WTF?

Well, I hope it doesn't suck, because that would depress me to no extent.

Personally I'd just assume they left the story alone instead of making an alternate universe.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
The site says the movie is using a mix of TV footage redits, new footage, etc, and is making an entirely new story. Apparently this time it's taking place in like 2054 (instead of 12005...) and the Scurve Coral (who are now from space instead of appearing to be coming out of the ground) are now referred to as "Image" (pronounced with a long A).

Thank you. I hope this doesn't create continuity issues with things like the existence of trappar.

Anyway, I kind of like Eureka's slight re-design with black leggings. Her skirt was always just a little too short for comfort, and it's amazing they made it through the TV run with only one panty shot.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
BleuVII make sure you take a digicam with you so you can upload a bootleg for us all. Wink

I got this from the WIkipedia file but it doesn't site its source so I'm not sure of its accuracy.

Quote:
The war between humanity and the "Image", a mysterious life form from space, has already spanned half a century.

In the year 2054, there is a boy on board the Gekko, the mother ship of the 303rd Independent Horde under the command of Holland Novak. His name is Renton and his dream is to ride into battle on his Nirvash. He has resolved to one day rescue Eureka, his childhood friend who was kidnapped 8 years ago, and to return home.

But fate decides to test the love between Eureka and Renton and puts them through many trials. Duty and emotion, truths and lies, past and future, life and death, reality and dreams, and Holland. The entire world blocks their path. As the final battle with the Image approaches, the pair open the doorway to becoming legends.

Like others and myself have suggested, the movie seems to be more akin to how Escaflowne the Movie was to the TV series where rather then trying to condense the series into a movie, it will take some of the characters and moments and reimage them in a new world or storyline more appropriate for movie format.

The trailer looks good so far so lets hope the movie doesn't disappoint. If this movie does well we might get lucky and even get a continuation Movie or OVA to see what happens to the E7 crew in the TV series.
Super_Vegeta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I'd really like to see this series and this movie as I've heard good things about Eureka 7.

But I have to wait for a boxset (because singles are too expensive)
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
No kidding. Hopefully we can hear something about an english dub version for the movie,and possibly a broadcast on AS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tsukikage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
You can bet your bottom I'm going to buy this DVD as soon as it's released in the U.S.
You can also bet your bottom I'm gonna download a camrip as soon as I can find one. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tsukikage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:11 am Reply with quote
宇宙より飛来した
謎の生命体イマージュと人類の戦いは
既に半世紀に及ぼうとしていた。

It was coming on half a century of war between the mysterious life-forms that came flying in from outer space.

感動の最終回より3年を経た2009年、
『交響詩篇エウレカセブン』が、
装いも新たに劇所用映画とした登場する。
キーワードは『再生』。
大幅な新作カットと、カット単位で換骨奪胎した
TVシリーズの映像をミックス。
再編集でも、再構築でもない新たな手法により、
『交響詩篇エウレカセブン』は新たな映像、
新たな物語として生まれ変わったのだ。

In 2009, 3 years since the moving final episode, Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven appears anew as a theatrical film. The keyword is “rebirth”. Mixed with both large amounts of new cuts and adapted scenes from the TV series. Neither a reordering nor a reconstruction, but a new thing entirely, Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven is a new film, reborn as a new story.

Sorry my translation skills suck so much...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
No kidding. Hopefully we can hear something about an english dub version for the movie,and possibly a broadcast on AS.

I doubt we'll see it on Adult Swim ever again. The channel has slowing devolved to a MTV reject programming block.
PeteyPizzle21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
where in the link for the Trailer to the movie
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3