• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Girls und Panzer (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
so, about those girls that Saori and the freshman ran into while inside the ship. are they part of the ship crew?

Probably members of another school that exists below decks and is dedicated to the idea that the ultimate expression of adolescent femininity has something to do with rusty pipes found down there.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
im not entirely sure, but something about the chibi panzer4 in the ED looks different
Ingraman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
im not entirely sure, but something about the chibi panzer4 in the ED looks different

It's been upgraded to a later model, I believe. The gun that the girls found by the old club building was part of the upgrade. If you want to know more than that, you'll have to look elsewhere, since my knowledge of tanks is pretty sparse. ^^
SayuriUliana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

The Panzer IV in the episode is different yes. It's the Ausf. F2 version, which is the Panzer IV with extra armor, increasing its frontal protection to 80mm from its previous 30mm, and a better gun in the form of the longer Kwk 40 L/43.

As for the recently aired episode 8, there were lots of awesome moments, but the best moment: spoiler[The Pravda team singing Katyusha, in original Russian no less. Never has a Russian folk song sounded so adorable] Embarassed
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Looking at some quick MAL stats of people watching select shows this season, GuP is pretty low, not even scratching 10k. Hidamari was less than half of that, but I'm sure sales for both will outshine most other titles this season. Luckily for Hidamari, I'd be inclined to believe Shinbo likes making it as much as I enjoy watching it, it's SHAFT's staple anime now.
SayuriUliana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Looking at some quick MAL stats of people watching select shows this season, GuP is pretty low, not even scratching 10k. Hidamari was less than half of that, but I'm sure sales for both will outshine most other titles this season. Luckily for Hidamari, I'd be inclined to believe Shinbo likes making it as much as I enjoy watching it, it's SHAFT's staple anime now.

MAL is a pretty poor indicator of anime trends since it only looks at Western trends.

If it's sales, Girls Und Panzer is actually the highest selling title in terms of preorders this season, surpassing even such popular titles like Chuunibyou. In fact, as far as Amazon goes GuP BD/DVD Vol.1 is the number 1 preordered title for this anime season.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
Momo saying spoiler["Nuts!" at their chance to surrender]. Too bad Commie missed the remarkably easy historical reference and mistranslated/interpreted the line, I hope the other sub groups aren't this untermensch.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote
Sheesh, girls, wear some freakin' leggings!
Zork

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
I'm sure glad I'm not Miho! Crying or Very sad

spoiler[
1) She succumbs to the enthusiasm of her subordinates and falls into a rather obvious trap
2) She finally finds out if she doesn't win, the school where she made such cherished friends will be closed
3) And she doesn't know her mother is planning to disinherit her!]

Holy predicaments!!

Also.....spoiler[Where is the Tiger? Will it somehow be their savior? Or will Miho devise some othe plan to win? Hmmmm.... Is it against the rules to capture the opponents flag tank instead of knocking it out of commission? ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

One of the really good things about this episode was the music attached to the Pravdas, especially that song in Russian, good work done there. There was something I found kind of humorous about Katyusha's voice, I checked out who did the voice and found it to be Ika Masume's actress, tell me I am not the only one who finds that funny. That along with the part where the spoiler[already short] president met her face to face only to find that she is spoiler[really tiny, and has an incredible Napoleon complex]. Laughing

Nishizumi really should not have given into the peer pressure of the group, we know that she knew that spoiler[Pravda was quite skilled in false retreats being used as traps.] Perhaps she should have told her team mates that. And the part to do with her mother, poor girl.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
considering the Pravda team has already bombarded the building and not turned it to dust. it can be surmised that a defense can be staged from inside. its not exactly realistic mind you but feasible enough to make a comeback next epi.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Looking at some quick MAL stats of people watching select shows this season, GuP is pretty low, not even scratching 10k.

I don't go to MAL, and I'll be importing Girls und Panzer. Why do I need to go to MAL, when I've got ANN, AoD, and FP? I waste more than enough time in just those forums.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Momo saying spoiler["Nuts!" at their chance to surrender]. Too bad Commie missed the remarkably easy historical reference and mistranslated/interpreted the line, I hope the other sub groups aren't this untermensch.

Wow... I watched the raw episode, just to see it before better subs come out, and even I caught Momo's exclamatory English. <sigh>
Zork

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 am Reply with quote
A couple of things I should have added to my previous post.

Our Oarai girls are truly underdogs. It was bad enough their little rag-tag assortment of tanks had to face 10 tanks from Saunders, now they have to face 15 tanks from Pravda.

It was nice to see the Automobile Club get a little screen time. Getting the neglected tanks competition ready and then constantly maintained was and is a Herculean task. They are the unsung heroes of GuP.

I caught Momo's spoiler[Nuts!] comment. I thought at the time how cool is it that a Japanese anime can pay homage to a WWII historical event. GuP continues to amaze me with its details.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 am Reply with quote
Zork wrote:
It was nice to see the Automobile Club get a little screen time. Getting the neglected tanks competition ready and then constantly maintained was and is a Herculean task. They are the unsung heroes of GuP.
I agree, they are characters we can imagine do a lot of work and have only appeared in the OP. Might theorise that it was only at this point the manga decided to design them, or were happy with the characters to add them in.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
ep.8
spoiler[so next battle from oarai is the russians aka pravda give now they got 6 tanks & new crew join for miho to command also had meet student council from history together include mud wrestling.

yet speaking of miho her own mom plan to disowner her from family legacy even her sister is shock to did not want hear that.

here come russian led by lil russia with high russia going russian sing for battle give miho's team go charge sure got few hits on them to lead to IT A TRAP of so many russians.

cue hide in building with message from russian kneel or in russia tanks ride you give miho feel at we had fun til momo spill the beans we need win or school go bye.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 30