• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Parts 1 + 2] (TV) [Phantom Blood + Battle Tendency].

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately the announcement was just for special event ticket in 4 BD release.Still I am expecting announcement for third season next week. I like the way they used cute squirrels,and piranhas,but what I liked the most was that gigantic octopus.It reminded of kaiju movies that I hold dearly next to my fragile heart and of the reason why I like Jojo so much.It is all these horror,action,gangster,soap opera,adventure and Japanese movies,western comics,mangas,Greek sculptures and rock music parts mechanically put together in this insane shonen narrative so one can emphasize the other.If this isn't masterpiece I dont know what is.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that spoiler[aerial] fight against Cars and the various creatures/his abilities in this episode shook things up!

Awesome episode as always and I can't wait to see the finale of this series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm not even going to wait until the finale to declare JBA THE MOST BAD-ASS ANIME OF ALL TIME!!! A position formerly held by Berserk. I think Jojo could probably kick Guts's ass.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:46 am Reply with quote
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure episode 26/Finale:
First of all, this series is amazing, seriously.

Now, we got that out of the way. The finale episode was epic even spoiler[without an actual fight per se. The volcano goes boom and so does Cars finally! it was nice to see a little history about him before he went away forever in space though.

Otherwise, I felt a little trolled watching Jojo's "funeral" because afterwards... Laughing]

Anyways, I am rating this series as excellent. I am also expecting Stardust Crusaders in the future as well based on that ending scene.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:38 am Reply with quote
I don't hand out Masterpiece ratings very often, but I did for JBA. How could I not? How could I have improved on what was shown? What would I have changed if I had the power? Nothing. The show was gloriously itself from start to finish and never wavered for a second.

I demand a North American BD release for this. Kidding not.
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote
Watched the last ep. That was a pretty glorious ending, despite there not being an actual blow to blow fight. That funeral scene was downright hilarious and Jojo introducing his "wifey" was comedy gold. It was nice to see a glimpse of him as an old man, even though he seems to be kind of racist now. But then given the time period I guess that makes sense, even if it's kind of weird to see that coming from an anime of all things.

Of course the best part of the ep was the Stardust Crusaders teaser. Hopefully we get it soon.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:11 am Reply with quote
This is awesome.I am done.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:49 am Reply with quote
They sure made an effort with the final episode.
Pretty much everything was explained.
It was all crammed into just one episode.
Honestly, it's a shame they didn't explain it over a few episodes.
Final fight was pretty good. Nice final episode.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
It was nice to see a glimpse of him as an old man, even though he seems to be kind of racist now.

No, I don't think he was being racist. It was just kind of a gag about how he spoiler[dislikes anything that reminds him of Japan because now his daughter is so far away from him (because she married a Japanese guy).] I loved his comment, spoiler["But I do love my Walkman!"]
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Divineking wrote:
It was nice to see a glimpse of him as an old man, even though he seems to be kind of racist now.

No, I don't think he was being racist. It was just kind of a gag about how he spoiler[dislikes anything that reminds him of Japan because now his daughter is so far away from him (because she married a Japanese guy).] I loved his comment, spoiler["But I do love my Walkman!"]

Personally I thought they were referencing that he lived through WWII and so that kind of mentality wouldn't have been that uncommon for him to have. I do agree it was probably just more or less a passing joke though.
DexteraXII

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I freaking lost it when Sono Chi no Sadame came on, that was amazing. These guys sure did right by JoJo, couldn't have been a better adaptation.

I'm gonna miss this part, but all good things must come to an end, huh. Now it's time to say Goodbye Battle Tendency, and (hopefully) Hello Stardust Crusaders!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Personally I thought they were referencing that he lived through WWII and so that kind of mentality wouldn't have been that uncommon for him to have. I do agree it was probably just more or less a passing joke though.

No, he stated quite explicitly why he kneed the Japanese guy. There is no interpretation needed. Plus, he didn't seem to bear any animus towards the Germans even though they originally tried to kill him, so the war thing just doesn't make any sense.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
Well, I am sad to see this series come to an end.........for now.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote
By the way, does anybody know how the Jojo volumes that have been released so far have been selling?
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
By the way, does anybody know how the Jojo volumes that have been released so far have been selling?

It was the second best selling show of the fall season and the first volume sold over 20K. There's pretty much no room to doubt that part 3 of the manga will get animated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 13