• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Alchemist's 2009 Anime Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:08 am Reply with quote
I hope they'll animate all the extra/special chapters, too. ^^

*has watched the latest CM other, like, 5-6 times... is addicted*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:47 am Reply with quote
doesn't anyone wanna know who is gonna sub this anime...if yes ..is it ok for me to post here???
Periodeia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:09 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
doesn't anyone wanna know who is gonna sub this anime...if yes ..is it ok for me to post here???

Please don't. If people want to watch fansubs, they'll find them on their own.
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
then great...if u wanna watch dubs so badly ,,then go ahead...
Periodeia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:56 am Reply with quote
cnav wrote:
then great...if u wanna watch dubs so badly ,,then go ahead...

Has it not occurred to you that said fansubbers might not want their names needlessly mentioned on a public forum that frequently hosts debates on the legality of fansubs?
cnav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:54 am Reply with quote
that is y i asked whether its okay or not...no probs dude...
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote
crow-kun wrote:
Why is there no outrage for Kimblee's VA?

Maybe because Ueda's still attached to the new project, just a different role? It's not like he was passed over, just put into a role the director feels he's BETTER SUITED for. Hell's Bells, maybe Ueda asked for it.

crow-kun wrote:

If Hallelujah from Gundam 00 is the only example I have to go by that is of a slightly crazy character he has done it doesn't work. Maybe if Kimblee was some young crazy pretty boy, but he isn't he is a older handsome batshit insane nutjob who is so damn smooth and won't think twice to blow you up. They just don't match. Evil or Very Mad

Calm down, dude.
You must not have all that much experience with anime if you don't know Roa/Tsukihime is a baddie. He was the lead in Vandred-did a lot of yelling & crazy stuff. Cliff/Pilot Candidate was the glasses mech pilot-quiet/nerd/geek. He's been kicking around for a few years--Saber Marionette J is from 1996

In fact,
it sort of looks like they are going with a more experienced/name brand cast this time. There are a few different approaches to VA casts (according to a few interviews I've seen such as Tohryu Furuya on Marmalade Boy). There's the couple of established name brand VA's & a cast of newbs with the idea the newbs will learn by observing the senior VA, & there's the varying amount of name brand VA's because the title has that much name recognition. I recognize far more names this time around than out of that original cast.
Shinichiro Miki, in fact, in the interview on Wedding Peach(1995), was noted as the "veteran" VA in that cast. He was working as a VA as far back as 1990. About the oldest listing I could find for Toru Ohkawa was extra voices on Tenchi Universe in 1995.
braves

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
Periodeia wrote:
Has it not occurred to you that said fansubbers might not want their names needlessly mentioned on a public forum that frequently hosts debates on the legality of fansubs?

You must mean "morality" seeing as how there's no debate on whether fansubs are legal or not. ;P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LiuXuande

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
^Eilte f- , er, frog. Yeah, frog. A frog troll. But not like "Suwako" frog, because she's way too awesome. More like furfrog.

Quote:
Vic hate

It's not hate, it's dislike with reason. That one AN Nina comic about that English VA is Vic personified...except insert several instances of Vic spouting opinions like they're canon fact (and his fans eating them up) and him acting like FMA is his to call his own.

I had the "pleasure" of meeting him at ACen once. He's best compared to a band's lead singer (there are exceptions, but you know what I mean), a jerk all-around. Compared to Travis, Aaron, etc. who were much more civil and professional (while still having fun...sort of like most Japanese seiyuu at panels and in person, etc.), he just bothers me. I'm sure a similar reason is why people dislike JYB so much as well...except he's just full of himself without a ridiculous fan following.
crow-kun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Calm down, dude.
You must not have all that much experience with anime if you don't know Roa/Tsukihime is a baddie. He was the lead in Vandred-did a lot of yelling & crazy stuff. Cliff/Pilot Candidate was the glasses mech pilot-quiet/nerd/geek. He's been kicking around for a few years--Saber Marionette J is from 1996
You can't be serious, Kimblee can't even be compared to Hibiki. I haven't heard him in Tsukihime because quite frankly it sucked, but if it doesn't sound anything like anything like Hallelujah then please tell me. The problem I have is his voice. Is It's this soft high pitched voice he does that I can't imagine coming out of Kimblee's mouth.

Last edited by crow-kun on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
braves

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
LiuXuande wrote:
^Eilte f- , er, frog. Yeah, frog. A frog troll. But not like "Suwako" frog, because she's way too awesome. More like furfrog.

Did you just call me a troll? If so, then sweet. First time that's happened. Very Happy And secondly, I wasn't placing my opinion on fansubs in that statement, which was rather lighthearted. I was just stating a fact. Fansubs, TV rips, DVD rips, etc. are illegal. The big thing that fires up people in debates concerning fansubs is whether it's morally okay to use them given various circumstances.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Akemi17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Vic can't overract. He can't act period.

You guys are just jealous. He's one of the many voice actors that actually made me feel what the character was feeling. He made my heart squeeze in a good way. How do you think he won an award for playing Edward? Magic? No. Heart. So why can't you people stop bitching about Vic, and the new Japanese cast. They probably just did that so that because the animation style is different from the first series.

And I hope that they recast most of the actors for the English dub whether people like it or not!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
LiuXuande wrote:

It's not hate, it's dislike with reason. That one AN Nina comic about that English VA is Vic personified...except insert several instances of Vic spouting opinions like they're canon fact (and his fans eating them up) and him acting like FMA is his to call his own.

I had the "pleasure" of meeting him at ACen once. He's best compared to a band's lead singer (there are exceptions, but you know what I mean), a jerk all-around. Compared to Travis, Aaron, etc. who were much more civil and professional (while still having fun...sort of like most Japanese seiyuu at panels and in person, etc.), he just bothers me. I'm sure a similar reason is why people dislike JYB so much as well...except he's just full of himself without a ridiculous fan following.

I could give a damn less what any of the voice actors I listen to are actually like when talking with them in person, so long as they continue to deliver good performances for characters that I enjoy. For my money, Vic did so exceptionally well as Ed, and so he earns my praise for that, as does JYB for his work as characters like Vash the Stampede.
Akemi17

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
LiuXuande wrote:

I could give a damn less what any of the voice actors I listen to are actually like when talking with them in person, so long as they continue to deliver good performances for characters that I enjoy. For my money, Vic did so exceptionally well as Ed, and so he earns my praise for that, as does JYB for his work as characters like Vash the Stampede.

I agree.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote
crow-kun wrote:

You can't be serious, Kimblee can't even be compared to Hibiki. I haven't heard him in Tsukihime because quite frankly it sucked, but if it doesn't sound anything like anything like Hallelujah then please tell me. The problem I have is his voice. Is It's this soft high pitched voice he does that I can't imagine coming out of Kimblee's mouth.

Most of these guys have more than one voice they use. I still can't believe L is Kappei Yamaguchi, it is incredibly low for him. I'll have to check on Yoshino, but I've noticed his stuff for awhile so he had to stand out in some way. I only tend to remember the names of the VA's who have impressed me (for good or bad)
Not that I've heard him in Gundam. I've just seen the TV stuff so far because I'm morally against fansubs. However, I've liked him in what I've seen him in. I watched at least part of Vandred in Japanese because Tomokazu Seki's in it.

Tsukihime was cool. The first dvd was dull, hard to get into, but then I watched the 2nd & had a hard time waiting for Vol 3 to be released. It moves really slow, but it's worth the effort.
He was also in Boogiepop & I remember the name Mamoru, but it has been so freaking long since I watched Boogiepop, I can't remember if he was who I think he was. (I'm thinking a kid who was killed by the monster & the monster became him to kill other kids? Or was he the spider kid? I'd have to watch the ep again.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 13