• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Anime Helps Teach Human Rights in High School

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamiltion97

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I never really noticed how much Chopper had been through and how this actually all makes sense.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Monad wrote:
Yes the matter of discrimination occurs often in One Piece but there is a subject that considering the world now might even be bigger and very few actually see.
Luffy wanted to be a pirate because he wanted to live free and eat all the meat he could despite the evil pirates that ruin the pirate reputation.
On the other hand you have a government that seem to be the protectors and many people love them but they are full of corruption and especially at the very high level while some decent people exist more downwards.
That world government is so similar to the governments we currently have in our world working under the globalization way and trying to stop freedom.

Exactly, this is another big theme in One Piece, and I'll address it too in a OP manga analysis I'm writing.
It's talking me a lot even if I decided to only cover the first half of the series, for now... but that was expected given the sheer amount of content Oda stuffes is manga with. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2