• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking: January 2-8

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Bullshit! 1400 units is far too much for this drivel.

I'm thinking they would have liked to sell more.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:45 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
The main girl in Manyuu was okay early on, but by the point she had boobs the size of watermelons is when I dropped it. It was absolutely disgusting.

Watermelons? I guess you quit early. Here's how it is later. I censored the image myself.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4608/manyuuhikenchoubluray20.jpg

PS: If it's still against the rules, I apologize.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
My back hurts just looking at that.

BTW, if you throw a NSFW tag on there, it should be alright.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:17 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
The main girl in Manyuu was okay early on, but by the point she had boobs the size of watermelons is when I dropped it. It was absolutely disgusting.

Watermelons? I guess you quit early. Here's how it is later. I censored the image myself.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4608/manyuuhikenchoubluray20.jpg

PS: If it's still against the rules, I apologize.

Why

That is....NO. And this is coming from a person who like Charolette of Strike Witches.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Slow week, surprised I'm seeing a lot of numbers below 1,000 for weekly sales.

BTW, speaking of boob sales, how did Sekirei fair in sales in Japan? I'm curious if it was more popular over there, or over here (Remember when it sold out in a week? Then season 2 making it's way into the top 150 for movies and TV on Amazon, the #1 anime Blu-ray still there?).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't care what anyone says Manyuu Hikenchou was a great anime!

Definitely one of my Top 5 new anime of 2011.

I look forward to Hoods Entertainment's next new project.

I also agree there's a chance there could be more of this anime in the future. Whether it be another season or some OVAs

Especially if it sells very well in other countries which could help recoup the domestic losses and justify making more.

I don't know for sure but I think the manga is ending (if babelfish and google translation are reliable).

Manga Volume 7:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=729460

Creator's blog:
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkonchiki.blog68.fc2.com%2F&act=url

Mentions "end", "completion", "final"

And the cover art of volume 6 and 7 showing the main character fighting her main opponents (events that happen at the end of any story; final hero vs villain fight).

Can anyone confirm this?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Boob shows generally sell VERY well. Its just that when you get bad artwork or give boobs as it airs (Qwaser 2 also flopped by having an uncensored webcast) is when they start to struggle.

So there's a lesson to be learned here: never show uncensored webcasts. Laughing

FrameFreeze100 wrote:
I don't care what anyone says Manyuu Hikenchou was a great anime!

Definitely one of my Top 5 new anime of 2011.

I look forward to Hoods Entertainment's next new project.

Well, ya should care what people buy because if there's not enough of 'em, don't expect more of the same being made.

And if overseas revenues only make up to 20%, that would not be enough to save a project by itself. It's rare when it's overseas interest that pushes a project to continue (Armitage and Big O come to mind), but as ya could surmise, it's usually stuff that coincide with western tastes.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Well, ya should care what people buy because if there's not enough of 'em, don't expect more of the same being made.

Prophetic generalizations aside.
It's Hood Entertainment. Expecting more of the same is reasonable.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Boob shows generally sell VERY well. Its just that when you get bad artwork or give boobs as it airs (Qwaser 2 also flopped by having an uncensored webcast) is when they start to struggle.

So there's a lesson to be learned here: never show uncensored webcasts. Laughing
And keep those uncensored boobs locked up tight, and let them free on only the Blu-ray and DVD.Laughing
Annf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote
The uncensored webcast for Quaser isn't free--you have to rent it for 200 yen/episode. We'd have to know how many people paid for that instead of the BDs to really say anything.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2