• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
If Spider-Man was an anime series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I do not understand why would they make a Spider-Man anime series? The cartoons were excellent and do not see them screwing around with a very proven fomula. And besides making its an anime would not make its better than what the cartoons have show so far.
indrik

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
There's a Spiderman manga out there, but I probably would not watch a Spiderman anime, why would I need to when there's TV series, movies, and comics out there that I would have to catch up on, plus trying to watch the anime. Like someone said, American animation in itself is unique, it doesn't need a follow up.

I picked up a couple of issues of the manga many years ago because Ryoichi Ikegami did the art. It was pretty awful, as I remember. But it's still around someplace.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
indrik wrote:
I picked up a couple of issues of the manga many years ago because Ryoichi Ikegami did the art. It was pretty awful, as I remember. But it's still around someplace.

I think they have a couple volumes of the manga at Book Off. I'll swing by that place and pick them up (hopes they're in the $1 section)
Eruanna

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:34 am Reply with quote
I still cant quite understand why everyone seems to think that Japanese are obviously superior. "I like Spiderman. But it isnt Japanese, oh noes! Obviously, it would be much better if a Japanese person did it over again" Confused
The American Spiderman cartoons are awsome. Why try to reinvent the wheel?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ordinary Joe

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:43 am Reply with quote
I don't know that LuckySleven was saying that a Japanese version of a take on Spiderman would be better, just who would actually be interested. Even if I wasn't a huge Spiderman nerd (which I am), an anime would be interesting from a strictly cultural analization standpoint. As far as opinions go, I too would find it hard to believe that Spiderman could be improved upon without significant Marvel guidance/ influence. There have been several great artists (for the books) and animators (duh, for the series), so the 'look' of Spiderman is firmly entrenched with the public mindset. If the idea were approached from an entirely different standpoint, however, such as what was done with the recent X-Men movies, it might be able to stand on its own merits. It's certainly an interesting concept, if looked at from an open mind.
undeadben

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:25 am Reply with quote
I don't know I am a big fan of Spider-man, boxes and boxes of comics are my proof. And while I wasn't completely enamored with the animated series I thought they were all decent for their respective time periods. And I do really like the movies, live action webslinging = awesome. However I wouldn't mind seeing a 24 episode series on the amazing Kumodoshin, can't be all that bad if Kaname likes it.
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
The Lolicon Artist wrote:
You mean, wouldn't it be interesting if the Japanese came out with a Japanese version of Spider-Man. I wouldn't mind watching it but i'm sure the moe in it would be very limited.

Naw, it ain't Spiderman if Stan Lee didn't have a hand in it. Razz
mathious

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quote
Personally I wouldn't care to watch an anime series of Spiderman. I already know the basic idea of the show. Also try to picture what the Naruto series series would be like if it were shown in real life. I bet it would be no where near as good as anime. To me I think that it would be the exact opposite if they tried to make an anime about Spiderman. Although it would be interesting to see someone how well it would come out as an anime because the japanese have made some real masterpieeces. So I may be wrong if it did become an anime it could possibly be a huge success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2