• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime on itunes? re:

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adonais

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:47 am Reply with quote
Well, I just went through the iTunes version of Desert Punk, and I have two comments:
1) I don't know if the merchandize as such is really "worth" it, comparing to DVDs at least (I usually prefer subtitles), but the convenience definitely is. I'm basically lazy, and this sort of (legal) download service is just great for when you get into that couch-potato mode...."ah, what to watch now....? Oh well, let's download some episodes of something...whatever.." And the downloads were fast - I think they must have expanded their servers or something; while watching one episode, it downloaded the next two (~250MB each), so no waiting around for the continuation.
2) They (ANN) need to add another category to the "format" pull-down menu in "My Collection" to cover the various new legal downloads that are becoming available. Do I need to ping someone about that, or will they read this...?
10円

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:14 am Reply with quote
I took a quick look around. I must say that it does look interesting to me in a general sense. The price needs to be low enough that the reduction in quality and control over my purchased content are easy to ignore. I'm not sure they're quite there yet, but eventually we might get to the point where I'm buying more than a couple one-off episodes for testing purposes. At the moment I think I'll stick with netflix and buying DVD's online, but I'm still watching to see where this goes. If the 'extras' we expect from DVD's start showing up and/or the price goes down to what it would cost to rent or buy on sale then I'll probably be all over this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2