• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:48 am Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
Wow, so the light novels really pick up the pace, huh? I mean, is Rudy even out of his teens at this point? Early '20s, at most. And don't the books follow him until old age, or at least late middle age?

(SPOILERS!)
spoiler[In the final volume 26 of the novels, in the very last chapters, Rudy has a brief look into the future in a dream(instigated by mangod), followed by a 10 year time skip in the following few chapters that describes what happened since. Rudy is 24 when main story ends, 34 after the timeskip, and 74 in the dream.
But long before that Rudy will meet his old self, literally. Won't explain as this will happen quite soon, in the next season. Just that it makes sense in context...]
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:54 am Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:

Wow, so the light novels really pick up the pace, huh? I mean, is Rudy even out of his teens at this point? Early '20s, at most. And don't the books follow him until old age, or at least late middle age? Surprised we've gone through half the novels then, already. Oh, well, that gives me a shot of living long enough to see it all, at least. Maybe they'll throw a movie in there at some point, too.

Anyway, can't wait.

Especial time.

Next season (3) should adapt ln13 thru 17, slowing down the pace a bit to adapt relevant skipped material, season 4 should adapt 18 thru 22 , while season 5 should adapt 24 thru 26.

Most of the next ln volumes are denser so slowing down the pacing is a must, 23 is relatively standalone so depending on the pacing the staff wants it can fit either season 4 or 5.

That leaves season 5 as the most " flexible one. They can continue the current pacing 3 volumes per cour) and do one cour for season 5, they can slow it down, add 23 at the start and do 2 course for season 5.

And to add.to the season5 shenanigan, there are three volumes of epilogue named redundancy/dasoku hen that they could use to fill up the rest of the season to 2 course, or better, make it and the other spin offs into season 6.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:42 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont, thanks for the answer but mostly for the spoiler filter. I'll rest content to learn things as the anime progresses, but I appreciate it!

maximilianjenus, that's extremely helpful. Thanks! Again, I wonder if they will sneak a movie in there somewhere. The show certainly would support one.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:18 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
So if Rudeus was a kid in season 1 and a teen in season 2, he might be an adult in season 3?

He technically is an adult by that worlds standards, but yes. Rudy will be around 18 in Season 3 and will reach his 20's in Season 4.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2