• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: The New Gate Anime Series Review

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
...The entire adaptation just screams cheap....
Well, it could have been worse and the team thought to contract with GoHands...they are supposed to be cheap right? Smile
Stretch2424

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:53 am Reply with quote
It seemed to me that while this show began with the intriguing concept of 'What the blank has happened to what was once a screwed-up videogame?', it pretty quickly forgot about the search for answers and became a typical 'What would I do if I had fantastic powers and everyone feared and admired me?' show. I haven't watched the last episode yet, but that is the impression I have at the moment. Shin's search for the truth is half-hearted at best. And why did an old comrade of Shin feel a need to duel him? That had nothing to do with what was supposed to be the basic plot of this show and seemed like a waste of time to me. It only made sense when you remember that this is all based on a simulated combat game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2