• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Suicide Squad Isekai Anime Unveils More Cast, Opening Sequence

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:35 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
So they put both films through a blender and not the comic source material? Unsurprising but another reason to keep expectations muted. I don´t necessarily mind the Issekai setting, even the comics did this before, and the art direction is solid but I can´t see me watching a Re:ZERO cosplay show in full despite having read every SS issue ever published since the 80s. The worst thing an anime can be is boring and obvious and Tappei Nagatsuki is the master of that.

There is no comic source. If by films through a blender you mean the cast having SS members from both movies, I mean... I guess? But that's a bit of a reach.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:58 am Reply with quote
OpenYourEels4TheNextFeels wrote:

But The Thinker is an existing DC comics character that was featured in Suicide Squad comics. Not to mention that he looks almost exactly like the live-action version played by Peter Capaldi's in James Gunn's The Suicide Squad movie.

Dude I was joking when I wrote that, I know full well Thinker is an established character in the comics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2