• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Confirms Schedule for Summer 2024 Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:44 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
L'Imperatore wrote:
Or it might not be licensed by anyone at all, like several titles last season. CR got a lot of things, but their wallet ain't limitless.
What titles weren't licenced last season?

Girls Band Cry
Rinkai (I think this is also on YouTube in SEA)
Shinkalion: Change the World (available on YouTube, no official subs)
Himitsu no AiPri
Blue Archive (which is technically region locked to the US and SEA)
InNeedOfAName

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:15 am Reply with quote
Glordit wrote:
Shows not currently licensed:

Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai
Ramen Aka Neko
Hazure Waku no [Joutai Ijou Skill]
Grendizer U
Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan
Tensui no Sakuna-hime
Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan
Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest
Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai Shite Ita
Beyblade X

I can see most of them ending up on CR, Beyblade might be on Disney/Hulu and Grendizer U is up in the air. CR might also license the JP dub for Link Click 2 and the Girl Upstais. Possibly some other Chinese shows too.

Beyblade X has been running since last fall, what makes you think the subs would get licensed now? They'll probably just only have a dub airing on TV. And if it doesn't air on TV it'll stream on Netflix like the Beyblade Burst series.
anime-prime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:40 am Reply with quote
Beyblade X has already been announced to air dubbed on DisneyXD and Disney Now on July 13, 2024. It will likely make its way to the Beyblade YouTube Channel soon after.
Glordit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:53 am Reply with quote
InNeedOfAName wrote:
Glordit wrote:
Shows not currently licensed:

Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai
Ramen Aka Neko
Hazure Waku no [Joutai Ijou Skill]
Grendizer U
Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan
Tensui no Sakuna-hime
Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan
Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest
Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai Shite Ita
Beyblade X

I can see most of them ending up on CR, Beyblade might be on Disney/Hulu and Grendizer U is up in the air. CR might also license the JP dub for Link Click 2 and the Girl Upstais. Possibly some other Chinese shows too.

Beyblade X has been running since last fall, what makes you think the subs would get licensed now? They'll probably just only have a dub airing on TV. And if it doesn't air on TV it'll stream on Netflix like the Beyblade Burst series.

The "International" release is this season. I explicitly didn't make any mention of a subbed release.
Kalhiki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 8:53 am Reply with quote
Just hope someone picks up Elusive Samurai. That's the one I'm most looking forward to. I don't believe it's been announced who has the license. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:11 am Reply with quote
I forgot that Last Crusade had a season 2 coming.

I also must have missed that Spice and Wolf was going to be longer than 12/13 episodes. I suppose that is good if they are redoing the same content since anything in the future would mean going beyond the first anime.
el_morris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Kalhiki wrote:
Just hope someone picks up Elusive Samurai. That's the one I'm most looking forward to. I don't believe it's been announced who has the license. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's an another Aniplex title, I'm counting on Crunchyroll to announce it in their next slate.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Nice that they got Narenare, that's on my watchlist! Hopefully they'll pick up Sakuna and Red Cat Ramen too (or HIDIVE does).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:19 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
Was hoping for Grendizer U. Guess that’s HiDIVE.

Or it might not be licensed by anyone at all, like several titles last season. CR got a lot of things, but their wallet ain't limitless.

The anime viewerbase, as part of their allergy to "multiple subscriptions," loves to reminisce on the halcyon days of the early 2010s when CR was pretty much the only game in town. But they forget that a number of titles went completely ignored/unlicensed/un-simulcast back then, ranging from lesser-known works like Natsuiro Kiseki and Moshidora to the likes of Hyouka and Madoka Magica. Now that the longed-for CR monopoly is almost a reality, we're seeing those same patterns repeating.
Farhanawesome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:50 am Reply with quote
Is it just me or the dub lineup doesn't impress me that much ? It seems that Crunchyroll lokes dubbing mediocre Isekai than the other popular genre like slice of life, cgdct and romance or shoujo? dont get me wrong, there are some decent isekai that deserve dub but still.

I still didn't like how CR just choose certain anime like Cafe terrace being dubbed in other language except english.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:18 am Reply with quote
good news, there are only 2 new isekai on the dub list. got a few shows with romance in there as well
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I’m worried Fairy Tail will get locked up by that French distributor who got Eden’s Zero and so even if Crunchyroll gets the streaming rights it might still not get a dub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2