• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Guilty Gear Fighting Games Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:51 am Reply with quote
I'm cautiously optimistic. I wouldve preferred Orange, but Sanzigen also made Bubuki Buranki, one of the few CG shows that I really enjoyed.
Waid Rabby Nadaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:19 am Reply with quote
I'm not a gamer but Guilty Gear looks like a cool franchise. Hopefully the anime turns out well.
pi8you

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:26 am Reply with quote
Well that's an exciting piece of news to start the day.

Guilty Gear has been MY fighting game ever since I got X with my PS2 way, way back in the day, I can't believe they're finally actually turning it into an anime. I loathe fully 3DCG anime, but If they can keep it looking like the MV they did a while back, I can probably get aboard. Norimitsu's been involved in the series for just as long, and Akudama Drive was great, but I've only made it part way through Xrd's story mode because that's time I could be playing. In short:

HEAVEN
Guilty Gear getting an anime, with Norimitsu Kaiho continuing to shepherd the story

OR

HELL
3DCG studio, I still haven't sat down to fully go through Xrd's story mode (let alone Strive)

LET'S ROCK
[entire GG soundtrack]!!!
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:05 am Reply with quote
A Guilty Gear anime makes sense considering how popular the series has gotten lately since the release of Strive. I suppose the animation is going to be made in a cel-shaded CGI style, though in the case of Guilty Gear I think this could work well, especially considering how complex the characters are designed and that Strive already looks great, they could recycle some models.
I'm not that into GG, I'm more of a Capcom and SNK type of guy, but I'm glad we've been getting some animated adapations of fighting games, Mortal Kombat and Tekken got some recent adaptations, I wish Street Fighter could get one, but it seems there's a live-action project in the works. I think SNK announced that a Chinese company is making a sequel to that KoF Destiny project, but there hasn't been any new information about it, with City of the Wolves arriving next yearI think a new Fatal Fury could be a good idea, especially if Masami Obari can get involved in the project.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:58 pm Reply with quote
NieR wrote:
Haven't played any Guilty Gear games, but I've liked listening to some of the soundtrack over the years. Hoping "Heavy Day" will play at least once at some point in the anime.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing I-No and Ramlethal Valentine show up, preferably in major or main character roles. Also dunno how it works with the current voice actors, but it'd be cool to hear Sol Badguy voiced by Jouji Nakata in the anime series.

Interesting how this will be the first ever Guilty Gear anime made, not even any OVAs in the 2000s.

Yeah, about that, and considering you said you haven't played any of the GG games, well... spoiler[ This takes place post-Strive story (Both the main and "Another" Story), which means things have progressed passed it. (Sol's short hair, I-No's well...gone, but she got better though [unless we get flashback scenes], and then there's Sin, lol.) ]

But yeah, more or less expect the vocal music to be there at some point of the series. And yeah, more or less, chances are the VA's (if it gets the dual audio treatment) might reprise their roles, unless otherwise. Though at least most of them for the BlazBlue anime (in dual audio) did reprise their roles.

And yeah, someone did bring up the Guilty Gear X PV, and yeah, that was a product of its time.

Other than that, who knows how much of the cast will be returning to be seen in this anime. Besides Sol and Sin, of course.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:37 am Reply with quote
This should have happened 10 years ago after BB. Since its happening now, I know what to expect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2