• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Apothecary Diaries Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2025

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Between this and Frieren I figured both would inevitably get second seasons, but this is the first to get one announced (I wonder if it was always planned for two seasons from the get-go?).

Either way, I'm super happy and can't wait to see more of Maomao, Jinshi, and the gang!
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:36 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Between this and Frieren I figured both would inevitably get second seasons, but this is the first to get one announced (I wonder if it was always planned for two seasons from the get-go?).

That would fit with the fact that they've been doing two LN volumes a season so far.

It could also be they just haven't announced Frieren S2 yet due to a pre-existing commitment Keiichirō Saitō might have to a second season of Bocchi.

Comments on hypothetical Apothecary Diaries season three content: spoiler[I'm not 100% sure I want a third season to be made. Certainly there's good material -- Lahan, the White Lady, Gyokuyou's homeland, Lishu's whole arc. But then there's the LN5 epilogue, the single most WTF thing I've read in this series. And besides, LN4 would make a good conclusion as it is.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2