• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Call of the Night Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE DOG CATCHER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:29 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
Wow, wasn't expecting this, especially now that the manga is over. Loved the first season and I'm very much looking forward to more of this great, unique show.
Well, the first season was quite a hit, and the only fact why they did not announce it sooner was that Noitamina is just booked as hell with two-cour long running shows such as Urusei Yatsura or Kenshin - so even this season not gonna come up before 2025 at least.

I had no idea it was hit! I think 99% of time if a show is on Hi-Dive then it just never gets traction in my curated bubble I have made for myself on social media. The first season was so good that it became the second manga that I have ever read and it was totally worth it!
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Great news! Hope they have the same team so they can keep up with the visuals and use of color of the first season. Creepy Nuts can hopefully come back too Smile

malvarez1 wrote:

Hopefully this is good news for Komi (or Sleepy Princess…)

I'd love for more Sleepy Princess! Komi would be great too Smile
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:25 am Reply with quote
2022 was a stacked year for anime, so Season 1 kinda got lost in the shuffle, but an argument could be made that it was low-key the best anime of the 2020s so far, like from a technical standpoint. I will at the very least put my foot down and say it was the best-looking anime of the 2020s so far.
Lizuka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:27 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised but thrilled since I loved the first season.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:04 am Reply with quote
This was one of my top favorites from 2022 but I always assumed it would be a series you just had to read the manga to see the rest so really hyped for this. The English dub was fantastic too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2