• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: takt op. Symphony Smartphone Game Ends Service in Japanese, English on April 9

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GunplaAddict

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
If the game was released concurrent with the anime, it might have done better but releasing years after the anime was over, is an incredibly stupid idea.

Even if they released it right after, I do not imagine it will do so well. The japanese gacha market is a collapsing industry, partly because the japanese economy is collapsing, but also because china simply makes better games now, and they don't need anime to promote it.

Gacha players generally couldn't care less about anime otherwise all these ip collabs like the ones re zero does wouldn't be dropping like flies. They care about gameplay. Except most of these games are the lazy turn based rpg. Takt OP and Engage Kiss were this. No surprise they flopped. Lost in Memories, Fantasia Rebuild, Gundam Urdr Hunt, Mushoku Tensei game, Alicization Rising too many to count. That Slime and Konosuba game would have met a similiar fate had their animes had more negative reception at the start

What ruined both multimedia franchises were them being gacha ads. That is it, nothing else really. Had they pulled that part out, they would have told a more satisfying story rather than being a game prequel. Then make money off of blu rays, figures, manga, light novel. Paying Mappa and Madhouse would cost them insane money
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2