• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Blue Exorcist - Shimane Illuminati Saga, Kingdom Season 5, The Strongest

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Nipasu wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:
Chibi-Maruko actually getting an official stream feels like a fever dream.

Is Crunchyroll planning on dubbing it, too? Or will the dub be handled by whatever company was dubbing the series on YouTube?

also interestingly, Crunchyroll decides to license Maruko chan now. Will they license any of the older episodes?

The description mentions old and new stories, so I assume we may be getting "some" of the backlog, though not sure how much of it (wonder if it'll be Series 1 or Series 2 first year episodes?).
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Maruko-chan? Wow, I never thought I'd see the day. One step closer to everything being simulcast.
Nipasu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:13 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Nipasu wrote:
malvarez1 wrote:
Chibi-Maruko actually getting an official stream feels like a fever dream.

Is Crunchyroll planning on dubbing it, too? Or will the dub be handled by whatever company was dubbing the series on YouTube?

also interestingly, Crunchyroll decides to license Maruko chan now. Will they license any of the older episodes?

The description mentions old and new stories, so I assume we may be getting "some" of the backlog, though not sure how much of it (wonder if it'll be Series 1 or Series 2 first year episodes?).

I was thinking they'd start with simulcasting the newest episodes before working on the backlog.

Unless they're starting with the episodes dubbed on Youtube?
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:48 am Reply with quote
InNeedOfAName wrote:
donhumberto wrote:
Still no Bang Bravern and Majo to Yajuu... Sad Those 2 are pretty much my most anticipated series of the season alongside The Fire Hunter S2 so I'm starting to get worried... hopefully they'll announce them soon...

Majo to Yajuu was picked up by Crunchyroll, announced a while ago.https://youtu.be/w36P9FuDAMI?si=pXZkQm34vSa23DBB

Cool, thanks for the heads up Wink
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I had a different e-mail yesterday saying they'd picked up Mashale: Magic and Muscles Season 2. It begins Saturday but isn't on either list this article reffered to.
Glordit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:09 am Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
I had a different e-mail yesterday saying they'd picked up Mashale: Magic and Muscles Season 2. It begins Saturday but isn't on either list this article reffered to.

MASHLE was announced back on December 13th. Maybe they forgot to add it to their emails? CR has accidently omitted/added releases from the schedule or emails before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2