• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vinland Saga Anime's 2nd Season Reveals Promo Video, Cast, January 2023 Premiere, Production b

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Here comes the second arc!

Doesn't MAPPA have enough on their plate? I mean, it looks solid, but feels a little "off" compared to WIT. Still I'm glad it's getting adapted at all.

Really curious to see how streaming shakes out...and how many dubs we'll end up with.
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:07 pm Reply with quote
And yet again, Takeuchi Shunsuke is playing.... well OK, this is Vinland Saga, most of them are large muscle guys. Anime smile + sweatdrop

Anyway, Mappa? Really? I worry that at this point one of their shows is bound to crash and burn... I just hope it won't be Jigokuraku, but again, even if it doesn't crash and burn at this point I can't help but worry that they'll try to get it done in a single cour, which would be almost as bad...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:27 pm Reply with quote
So i assume Amazon are 100% not getting season 2? I would prefer it on there as that's where I watched season 1, and at least they simulacast.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Whoooooooo time for the Farmland Saga boys
doubleO7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:04 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
So i assume Amazon are 100% not getting season 2? I would prefer it on there as that's where I watched season 1, and at least they simulacast.

It's very unlikely that they would go for it. They haven't done a simulcast in years and aside from the Eva movies, they've barely licensed any anime in recent memory.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:04 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Official website: https://vinlandsaga.jp/onair/
Wonder if that means Netflix and Sentai will be streaming their exclusive dubs. Guessing Netflix will probably get S2 and it’ll take years before Sentai can grab the bluray rights and get their cast together to dub that.

What are you talking about? If HIDIVE is streaming it, it is clear to me that Sentai WILL HAVE THE HOME VIDEO LICENSE. Why would HIDIVE have the rights to North America if Sentai does not have the master license.; they are the same company.

Edit: Never mind. That table is apparently for season 1.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Mappa stealing Wit's lunch again. I have more confidence in this than Attack On Titan, as part 2's apparently pretty low-key.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:11 am Reply with quote
I really think this looks absolutely great and every bit as good as the first season. Don't get the negativity Mappa is getting, really, they are (alongside Wit, of course) the best studio out there in the last 10 years by a landslide, and the staff is the same as in the first season so... yeah, I see no reason to get worried about.
Vizo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:09 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:
Farmland Saga albeit great from a quality standpoint, is extremely boring. Also, the stupid non violence policy preaching is bullcrap to me.

Stuff like this is the reason I tend to avoid dramatic stories- boring and preachy. I used to be excited for this series, but I think I'll pass on the anime altogether. The animation looks incredible though. Did they age up Olmar's initial design. I could've sworn he looked younger or was shorter.
Mushrinku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:51 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
Here comes the second arc!

Doesn't MAPPA have enough on their plate? I mean, it looks solid, but feels a little "off" compared to WIT. Still I'm glad it's getting adapted at all.

Really curious to see how streaming shakes out...and how many dubs we'll end up with.

that is not surprising considering how every anime mappa does is automatically of lesser quality then the previous studio.
when they took AOT from wit the quality dropped massively. this will be no different.
mappa are known for their mediocracy. a studio that focuses on quantity instead of quality and is good at "cutting corners" in order to get more content out (their own president words)

I'm prepared to see their usual minimal dynamic animation, lots of face focused scenes so they don't have to animate /draw the surroundings, lots of still non-dynamic art and scenes, their bad cgi, and of course their sakuga sequences in which albeit a decent dynamic animation- their art goes out the window and we are left with horrible/lazy art style.
and of course weird sequences cuts and badly directed scenes that kill all flow/immersion.

most overrated studio in the industry right now. sad to see them taking on so many projects that used to be in good hands before, but are automatically take a hit in quality the moment mappa touches them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2