• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Announces Release Schedule for Spring 2022 Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:25 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

Yeah, but now they have Funimation as a dubbing studio and have had them start dubbing shows (Kuroitsu, the salary man badminton anime).

So I assume Funi will probably dub whatever Crunchyroll doesn't or doesn't use their LA studios for.

Probably useful for folks to stop thinking of Funimation and Crunchyroll as separate entities. At this point they're a large conglomerate of both companies, with their pre-existing resources and connections, all just under a banner with a single name for branding purposes. The offices that Funimation was running didn't suddenly shut down or stop existing, nor did their dubbing studio, various directors and script writers, or sound engineers.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:31 pm Reply with quote
alice32 wrote:
So they've got 40 new anime this season
I do not know if this is a good thing or a bad thing

40? The have 25 new shows. I would not be surprised if this all they get this season. If this is the case I hope Sentai gets 2 more of the still unlicensed shows.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
alice32 wrote:
So they've got 40 new anime this season
I do not know if this is a good thing or a bad thing

40? The have 25 new shows. I would not be surprised if this all they get this season. If this is the case I hope Sentai gets 2 more of the still unlicensed shows.

They don’t seem to be finished as their announcement page shows there are 16 TBA slots.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Better for CR to have a lot than Netflix to nab a show, right?
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:03 am Reply with quote
The only major show I'm seeing missing is Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2. Strange omission from such a gigantic franchise.
OrangeRafi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:19 am Reply with quote
JustMonika wrote:
The only major show I'm seeing missing is Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2. Strange omission from such a gigantic franchise.

Nijigasaki will most likely be announced later this week, Funi have the license of the previous Love Live! series. It wouldn't make sense that the new series under the franchise will be streaming to another platform.

CR only announced less than half of the 40 new shows they'll be streaming, a couple of announcements will be made in the next coming days.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:59 am Reply with quote
OrangeRafi wrote:
JustMonika wrote:

Nijigasaki will most likely be announced later this week, Funi have the license of the previous Love Live! series. It wouldn't make sense that the new series under the franchise will be streaming to another platform.

CR only announced less than half of the 40 new shows they'll be streaming, a couple of announcements will be made in the next coming days.

Thanks for telling me. I did check out the list on the Crunchyroll site and there's a ton of TBA listings.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:00 am Reply with quote
Looks like Funimation will still stream new seasons of shows already on their site like Kaguya-Sama and Shield Hero. Which means Bofuri Season 2, Uzaki-chan Season 2, and My Hero Academia Season 6 could still air on both services(providing Funimation's service will still be there by then).
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:43 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Looks like Funimation will still stream new seasons of shows already on their site like Kaguya-Sama and Shield Hero. Which means Bofuri Season 2, Uzaki-chan Season 2, and My Hero Academia Season 6 could still air on both services(providing Funimation's service will still be there by then).

Quite unlikely, from what I understand they will continue series (like Requiem of the Rose King) but I would rule out any sequels. Same thing happened with AnimeLab. Like Dr. McCoy would say "It's dead, Jim".
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:34 am Reply with quote
MagicPolly wrote:
Not seeing my most anticipated show (Heroine Tarumono), but I assume it's one of the many, many TBA slots.

Also I had no clue Salaryman's Club got a dub!? I guess the announcement must have been quiet and ANN never reported it. It's sad that it seems to be cursed to languish in obscurity with the late start, delay due to World Trigger, it hasn't even shown up on the weekly rankings.

Salaryman's Club is on the weekly rankings. I have been watching it and enjoying it, I have also been rating it.

I wonder if this means that HiDive will have more shows this season. The one they did have this season was a freaking huge winner for me. (Takagi-san).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2