• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Most Watched and the Best-rated Fall 2021 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrdb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I don't place much-if any stock in these idiotic polls, only 3 of the shows I really liked were in it and they were low rated.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Piglet the Grate wrote:
No one apparently can appreciate CGDCT/SOL any more either, as Let's Make a Mug Too Season 2 was ignored, and Puraore! Pride of Orange was condemned before the first episode aired.

I honestly believe that Pride of Orange would be a top-tier show with a robust discourse had it come out here in the barren Winter 2022 season, rather than be buried in Fall like it was.
nutmegknight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:46 am Reply with quote
It’s a shame that not a lot of people watched Tropical Rouge Precure and PriMagi, I felt they’re quite fun shows and I feel people tend to look over shoujo anime/kids anime unfortunately even though there’s a lot of good ones out there

Glad Heike got highly rated but it seems not a ton of people watched it even though it’s very good
Saeryen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:53 am Reply with quote
nutmegknight wrote:
It’s a shame that not a lot of people watched Tropical Rouge Precure and PriMagi, I felt they’re quite fun shows and I feel people tend to look over shoujo anime/kids anime unfortunately even though there’s a lot of good ones out there

I agree 100%. Pretty Cure in particular is such a good series and I think we’d have a better, kinder world if more people gave it a chance. It’s so inspiring, healing and hopeful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
stefand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"Why aren't you watching Kingdom [...] yet?

Because it is not streaming in Germany.

And speaking of availability, it would be interesting, how this survey is infuenced by availability of the series. Availability in the US does not mean availability to all readers. AnimeNewsNetwork is read all over the world, but sometimes i have the feeling that this fact is sometimes forgotten by the authors.
hessbri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait until these Weekly Rankings start coming out for Winter 2022. This is one bizarro season so far in my opinion.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:38 am Reply with quote
The show that everyone should be watching and yet no one is (and it isn't even listed in this article due to how overlooked it is) would be Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dia. It is just a fun, Saturday-morning-cartoon, shonun action show. That is bright, hopeful, and fun. It also has pretty high production values, some incredibly animated and choreographed fights, and a great soundtrack. In fact, I view it as a good show to recommend people if they are big Avatar the Last Airbender fans. Similar types of shows, but obviously Dia is a little more shonun-y then Avator (and has a manga that predates Avatar I believe).

Oh and unlike Kingdom and World Trigger, there are no bad prior seasons you have to watch to get into them. Dia just starts a little slow...like most shonun action manga. Anyway, I recommend people give it a watch. It is surprising how good it becomes.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:38 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
I honestly believe that Pride of Orange would be a top-tier show with a robust discourse had it come out here in the barren Winter 2022 season, rather than be buried in Fall like it was.

I dunno, the "we're hockey players, but also idol singers!" gimmick didn't work for me at all, so I don't think it would have mattered which season it was in.

On other matters, I was surprised but pleased that 86 was as high on the Most-Watched list, as I was under the impression that it wasn't that popular.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
invalidname wrote:

I dunno, the "we're hockey players, but also idol singers!" gimmick didn't work for me at all, so I don't think it would have mattered which season it was in.

After all the uproar, it turns out that Puraore! Pride of Orange had about as much idol content as Uma Musume: Pretty Derby had Victory Concert content, i.e., so little it becomes almost irrelevant to the overall quality of the show.

Funny thing is the hockey playing characters themselves were dubious about doing an idol dance.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Komi-san had SEVERAL very unlikable characters so it doesn't surprise me that people dropped it.

@Piglet the Grate

I'm a craftswoman so I adore shows about characters making things; I can easily see myself finishing the mug show while making something of my own. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2