• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Belle Anime Film Earns Over US$3 Million at Box Office

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:02 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Spider-Man and Scream are the top movies in our area

Same. I was just picking the oldest tentpoles to make the point that four-month old movies would normally have rotated out of first-run theaters by now, but there’s little to replace them. And that, in turn, may be why there’s still an opening for Belle to keep playing.

Ah, I thought those were your only blockbusters
GoldenJediLink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:19 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
GoldenJediLink wrote:
I wish that there were more theaters in Canada showing it. Nearest theater for me is a 7 hour drive away, and i just can't justify a 14 hour round trip to watch it. Guess I will have to wait for the blu-ray.

Belle is already up for pre-order in the Apple TV app for US$20, though it doesn't have a date yet. Pretty good chance it would be available digitially before there's a Blu-Ray, but of course availability in Canada might be different. (BTW, love your Akane Maniax profile pic).

I tried to see if it would be available for pre-order in Canada as well, but I wasn't able to find a concrete answer as I don't use Apple TV. I hope that this is the case for others who were not able to see it in theaters. Personally i prefer physical media over digital, so i don't mind waiting a little while longer for the Blu-Ray.

PS. Nice to see someone recognize where my profile pic comes from. Figure if anyone would know, it would be you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2