• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - I Have Many Regrets

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:43 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Halo The Live Action Series, coming soon to be pirated from everywhere else BUT Paramount+ in 2022.

I don't know how, but if Monolith can manage to employ the Nemesis system into a Wonder Woman game I am sold. I need the Nemesis system in every game.

I’m not the least bit surprised that Paramount + started promoting Halo after getting a deal to be bundled with T-Mobile.

As for Wonder Woman, third person combat, sword and lasso, potential in the whole “Man’s world” culture clash plot, there’s a lot that can be done.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:03 am Reply with quote
I decided to watch the Game Awards this year after not watching it in some time since there was going to be some game play shown for Suicide Squad. I doubt I'll be watching again since my gripes with it are still there. It's an awards show that is supposed to be about celebrating achievements in games for the year, but spends more time on advertising new games (many of which are just announcements that they exist). Something like RPG of the year doesn't even have a recorded message from the winner. And there is an award for Most Anticipated Game, apparently. I get having an award like that from E3 since its purpose is advertising, but an awards show specifically awarding a game that isn't out yet really sends the message that this show probably wouldn't exist without it being an advertising vehicle.
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:35 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
TranceLimit174 wrote:
Biggest surprise for me though was not hearing Idris Elba's iconic accent come out of Knuckles.

You never saw the Wire back in the day?

Dude is pretty capable of hiding his accent.

Oh, I am very well aware that he can. It's more of a case of personal disappointment because when the casting was announced I was very fond of the idea of Idris Elba's natural voice coming out of Knuckles.
cfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I used to be into the hype around E3 and TGA reveals/announcements, but both Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077 severely disappointed everyone at release, despite their seemingly polished trailers at various shows. Since then, I've taken new reveals with a massive chunk of salt. Sure, I'll keep an eye out for titles that pique my interest, but will reserve judgment for when they actually release a few years later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2