• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Jump Festa Event in December to Reveal News for Bleach Anime's 'Thousand Year Blood War Arc'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delariean

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
delariean wrote:
News.....on possible Bastard!!! Did anyone tell the mangaka this news??? I figured that since the manga is not finished I'm thinking how much will possibly be animated, or cut out from the actual manga (let's face it..some of the manga is straight hentai)

There's 27 volumes of manga to Bastard!!, so there's way more than enough content. Also, despite what people think, Bastard!! is NOT "straight hentai" (outside of the three literal hentai doujins Hagiwara made, but that wasn't until after 2000). I read all 27 volumes last year (I had only read the first 20, in the past), and I was actually surprised at how comparatively chaste the manga was during the fourth story arc, especially after it switched over to Ultra Jump in the middle of Volume 22, i.e. the point where everyone just assumed it went "straight hentai", simply because it moved to a seinen magazine. The violence has always been there, though.

Is Bastard!! horny & sexual as all hell at points? Absolutely, but it never truly enters outright hentai territory (the closest is one bit in Volume 27, & that was added in specifically for the tankouban), and I'd even argue that some anime that have aired in the past few years have gone further with their sexual content than Bastard!! generally did.

Hey! I'm kidding...I know it isnt. Just that I excited about news...any news on Bastard.......chill.... :D
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:00 pm Reply with quote
delariean wrote:
Hey! I'm kidding...I know it isnt. Just that I excited about news...any news on Bastard.......chill.... Very Happy

The thing, though, is that most people actually think that Bastard!! did in fact go in that direction when it moved to Ultra Jump, when in actuality it's time with that magazine was mostly super tame, since the primary focus was on D.S. vs. Fallen Angel Uriel during that time, so the sexuality wasn't focused on anywhere near as much as it was during its time with Shonen Jump (both the main magazine & the Seasonal Specials).

The only times Bastard!! ever actually went "that far" was for Perfect Edition Volume 2, which Hagiwara completely redrew in the early 2000s, & Volume 27's tankouban. Beyond that, the wildest it ever got during actual serialization was when D.S. facialed Michael (though done in a comical fashion)... and that was still during its last run in Weekly Shonen Jump!
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
According to the schedule, there's also a "Secret" announcement scheduled for 9:00 on 12/18. The common rumor right now is that it might be the announcement of a new anime adaptation of Bastard!!, as a new "bastard-anime.com" domain was apparently registered not long ago, so I guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens on that day.

Well, really sorry to break it to you here but that spot was filled in with Spy x Family. It was marked Secret previously because the anime hadn't been announced yet.

https://www.jumpfesta.com/news/n211108_1.html
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
Lord Geo wrote:
According to the schedule, there's also a "Secret" announcement scheduled for 9:00 on 12/18. The common rumor right now is that it might be the announcement of a new anime adaptation of Bastard!!, as a new "bastard-anime.com" domain was apparently registered not long ago, so I guess we'll just have to wait & see what happens on that day.

Well, really sorry to break it to you here but that spot was filled in with Spy x Family. It was marked Secret previously because the anime hadn't been announced yet.

https://www.jumpfesta.com/news/n211108_1.html

I honestly wasn't expecting it to be Bastard!!, anyway. That's the kind of anime announcement that I'd honestly expect to see done via Netflix more than Jump Festa, considering the content.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Welcome back old friend it's time for you to shine once again!
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:18 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this. I put on a random episode of Bleach yesterday on Crunchyroll, and it turned out to be from one of the filler arcs, but before I knew it, I got sucked in and ended up watching something like a dozen episodes. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the show's aesthetic and tone, even in instances where the story itself left something to be desired.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:39 am Reply with quote
It took half the pandemic to watch Bleach all the way through. Now there's going to be more? Oh, my aching back.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:02 am Reply with quote
I wonder if the radio silence since the initial announcement is a staff shake-up. I feel like the last 100 or so episodes of the original run was when everything kind of "clicked" into place production-wise. Nothing you can do about pacing with a weekly manga to adapt, but there are many, many pretty episodes in that final stretch. I really just hope Masashi Kudo is still on board.
TdFern 87

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:24 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
I wonder if they will continue anime post main manga story.

I hope the anime will do the arc justice than the manga could since the final arc was helluva rushed then. It could use the time to flesh out the characters since some got pretty much cut out such as the Quincy and the Wandeereich
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2