• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Yasuke Director LeSean Thomas

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Boobo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:13 am Reply with quote
Did you want Cannon Busters or did you want Cannon Busters stuff?

I wanted him to be an honest person about the status of the project. I wanted him to take responsibility for decisions and not to ignore his backers or string them along for years. I think, and based on others comments, if he would have come out at the start and was honest with backers there would be a lot less acrimony.

I also take a wider view of his actions, in that when the next person comes along needing money to make an anime, will these backers be less likely to back it since they had such a terrible experience, he provided.

I do agree with you the statement of theft is hyperbolic and used to get attention, which is the one things backers have not received.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:46 am Reply with quote
Whether you agree with the choices behind the Kickstarter or not, can we not agree that people bringing it up in every Yasuke related thread instead of talking about the show itself is kind of annoying at this point? Also there are other people who worked hard on this show besides LeSean Thomas and focusing solely on the Kickstarter of an entirely different show is kind of minimizing the accomplishments the staff made with Yasuke. If you're going to bash LeSean Thomas in every thread, at least give some credit to Takeru Sato for his directorial work on the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2