• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Black Clover TV Anime to End on March 30 With 'Important Announcement'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:14 pm Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
I fully expect them to announce Black Clover will be pulling the InuYasha/ Fairy Tail card and be returning later with a final season.

No one knows how long the manga will run for, so waiting for it to end before bringing the anime back might be a bad idea.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Considering how close it is to the manga, this isn't surprising. Hopefully they go on break and then move to a seasonal format so they can continue to give themselves more content to animate without catching up.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Weird Guy wrote:
The announcement is probably a movie...if someone wants to mark my words feel free since it's a prophecy

I guarantee it’s a movie. They want that Demon Slayer money!
zero-r

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Weird Guy wrote:
The announcement is probably a movie...if someone wants to mark my words feel free since it's a prophecy

I guarantee it’s a movie. They want that Demon Slayer money!

No one is getting that Demon Slayer’s movie money.... besides Demon Slayer. A Black Clover movie will probably do rather average in movie tickets sells to be honest.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It will be an anime original movie.

Zhou-BR wrote:
it seems Tite Kubo recently said it will air after midnight

Big if true because fanservice.
AnimeFanGirlForever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I hope it's only a season finale and not a series finale. Black Clover can't end yet. It needs to end with Asta becoming The Wizard King. So I hope the announcement is that it's just taking a break and not ending it completely.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:58 pm Reply with quote
The series is really close to the manga so I'm glad they are taking a break instead of mindless filler or re-running.

I will miss watching it every Tuesday though been doing that for years since it first started airing. My days will be so empty without it. xD
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping it just turns into a seasonal adaption like MHA.

I wouldn't be against a movie either.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:21 am Reply with quote
I think most likely the show isn't actually ending and it's my understanding they're close to catching up with the manga. I think most likely they will announce the anime is taking a break and it will resume when more manga material is available. It's my understanding Black Clover is doing pretty well for them so I doubt they will stop for good this soon. Maybe a movie might be possible during this break but I do think the show will eventually return.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:16 am Reply with quote
They probably have moved on to working on Bleach and as for what's replacing Black Clover, probably the Shaman King reboot since they haven't announced a time slot for that right?
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:57 pm Reply with quote
BlueBeast33 wrote:
Maybe it was just due to the adaptation not being as good as it could have been (from what I hear people say), but Black Clover just didn't interest me nearly as much as previous Shounen Jump series. It honestly just felt like this weird amalgamation of ideas taken from Bleach and Naruto, but not done as well. I tried to give it a chance, but I eventually dropped it.

Yeah, it's not actively terrible most of the time, but it's aggressively mediocre, and pretty much everything it does is a take on material that's been handled far better by other, superior shounen. It doesn't help that, at least in the anime, most of the cast is eminently unlikable, mostly consisting of single irritating personality traits that are shoved in the viewer's face ad nauseam. I could see it being enjoyable enough if it was Baby's First Shounen, but for those of us who have seen enough past series, there's not a whole lot there. About the best thing I can say for the anime is that Pierrot has seemed to follow the Naruto model and absolutely cut loose with the animation every 40 or 50 episodes.
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:11 pm Reply with quote
The filler material wasn't worth my time but I would be down for a film. I never cared for Fairy Tail always found Black Clover covered the magic elements better in the long run.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2