• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces New Higurashi: When They Cry Anime's English Dub, Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:48 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Now go back and dub the old seasons, you COWARDS. (I know it's more complicated than that, but a man can dream).

Especially since you're talking to the wrong current licensing studio of the old seasons.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Now go back and dub the old seasons, you COWARDS. (I know it's more complicated than that, but a man can dream).

Yes Sentai, dub those seasons and fix the Kai episodes you botched on both of your releases (they did fix episode 16 in the 3-season set but not episode 10).

For an idea of how bad they look, see here.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Both Sentai and Funimation are in Texas so it seems like it would be reasonably simple for them to bring in the new dub cast and just redub the entire original series from the ground with the new cast.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Both Sentai and Funimation are in Texas so it seems like it would be reasonably simple for them to bring in the new dub cast and just redub the entire original series from the ground with the new cast.

-If their handling of Squid Girl is anything to go by, they wouldn't redub season 1.
-As noted already, Keiichi's new VA is in Los Angeles so getting him might be a problem unlike the others.

11/14 EDIT:

And as announced yesterday, they brought in another Los Angeles VA to voice Hanyuu, a character who first debuted in Kai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2