• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses I'm in Love With the Villainess Novels, Roll Over and Die Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenimLS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:41 am Reply with quote
#900545 wrote:

They also licensed another one of my other favourite novels but they completely butchered the name, like how the f*ck did they change "Do You Think Someone Like You Can Defeat the Demon King?" to "ROLL OVER AND DIE: I Will Fight for an Ordinary Life with My Love and Cursed Sword!", it sounds cringy as hell.

Ugh, I really like that series but overlooked it when I was just glancing through the titles. It’s so radically different, and yeah seems really cringy as hell.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:16 am Reply with quote
I'm happy Seven Seas licensed another Dowman title. I wasn't sure if they would. I want Oddman 11 so badly though, but it's still only got one volume in Japan.

I'm surprised I would be interested in an otome game isekai, but the description reminds me of playing Harvest Moon and maxing out my favourite girl's affection, even though I couldn't marry her. The bit mentioned earlier in this doesn't bother me (especially if it was just a character's opinion, but even if it was the author's legitimate opinion, whatever) and I'm the kind of gay person who thinks that the q-word is a slur that shouldn't be reclaimed.

I'm not sure if Roll Over and Did appeals to me or not, as I'm so tired and uninterested in that kind of setting, but I did enjoy Minakata's art in Akuma no Riddle.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:

If I am not mistaken they licensed Spec-ops Asuka manga before but only for printed version. I was really mad about it.

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka is available in digital now. There was restructuring going on in Japan and we were required to wait until that was resolved before we could get digital rights to that series. Believe me, we wanted to get that series out day and date with print as much as you wanted to read it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2