• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sound Cadence Studios Announced as Dub Studio for Island of Giant Insects Anime Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I hope Sound Cadence brings a celebrity actor or two.
macattack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:
To go full B-movie on it and increase its enjoyability as a piece of trash, obviously. Rolling Eyes

That is almost certainly why. I have not seen this for myself but on the surface this has cheesy violent 80's OVA elements everywhere. MD Geist, Angel Cop, etc. A dub (that'll probably be intentionally cheesy) would only enhance that aspect.
Mr. Dent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I mean, I hope this goes well, but considering Sound Cadence's last Kickstarter, Umineko Gold, failed to even launch.... erk
Marissa Lenti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:21 am Reply with quote
Mr. Dent wrote:
I mean, I hope this goes well, but considering Sound Cadence's last Kickstarter, Umineko Gold, failed to even launch.... erk

Sound Cadence is just a recording studio, we don’t run KickStarters. We just provide dubs to other companies that do, like this one, or Catbox Creative in the case of Umineko Gold. Sound Cadence has produced several dubs that have been successfully released between then and now via traditional release methods. Smile

The Sound Cadence YouTube channel does host the Umineko Gold trailer, but it also hosts the trailers for the B’t X dubs, which are owned by a different client, Anime Midstream. It’s essentially just a showcase of past dubbing work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2