• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: World Trigger TV Anime Gets New Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:49 pm Reply with quote
6 years later.

FINALLY!
Flü

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Really shows how successful the manga has become, easily outselling "totally the new big thing" Black Clover volume-by-volume, despite the author's health problems and not having nearly as much marketing support as other hype series.

Obviously the anime has had a troubled and overall cheap production so far, but considering how big the manga has become by now, they might actually put in more effort this time around. Otherwise they wouldn't consider bringing it back in the first place!
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy and upset at the same time, I was really hoping they would just reboot the anime with a different studio and have season breaks like MHA and Demon Slayers. But no, Toei gets it and they going to drag it out as they did with Ranbanein and Yosuke yelling in the air for 30 seconds (that just ruin that awesome fight) and make more lame filler arcs that downgrade the characters. If World Trigger had a better anime it would give Black Clover and MHA a run for its money. It the shonen people have been asking for no plot armor, no friendship powerup and have the best female characters in all of Jump (ever). Now, if you don't mind I'll dance with joy and cry at the same time
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:54 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Wish Toei would release the first season dub, either on streaming or bluray. Apparently it aired once on some US cable channel no one had, and never saw the light of day since. Basically what happened with Captain Tsubasa 2018 from Viz (which doesn't even have a legal sub, for some reason). Just don't see the point of spending so much money in dubbing such a lengthy series, and then not even making it accessible for anyone.

Agreed. I'd really like to see it. I would have even blind bought it if they'd just released a blu-ray.
Yeah not only did I not have the channel, I don't think I even found out it was getting either an airing or a dub until it had already gone and disappeared lol.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:24 am Reply with quote
As long as they get rid of those dumb as hell spoiler[poorly drawn stares from those idiotic faces], we should be okay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2