• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Blade of the Immortal Anime's 2nd Promo Reveals Kiyoharu's Opening Song, October 10 Global

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:42 pm Reply with quote
donhumberto wrote:
Whoa this looks GORGEOUS Shocked Huge Shigurui vibes here (not that I'm complaining). Can't wait!

I was going to say the same! We might never get the Shigurui Death Frenzy continuation, but I'll take this!

It's been awhile since we've gotten a nice Ninja/Samurai anime like this!
Jinbei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 am Reply with quote
^ I would've preferred also the original symbol, as it is literally connected to the main character's name. But, as things stand nowadays, even explaining and showing things doesn't save from insane levels of screaming and hating when someone decides to hate something just due to a little thing that bothers them. I might be a wee bit too negative on the matter, but doing this, the studio saved the series. If the certain elements nowadays roaming the internet("social justice" community, mainly) got a clue about the series and saw the symbol, the whole series would be dragged through blood, mud and s**t. It would stain a good series with a long-lasting stigma just due to a simple misunderstanding.

Other than that, this looks and sounds soooo goooooooood. I don't give my seal of approval easily, especially when the original manga has been my favourite for 15+ years, but this trailer got to me. Of course, they can still flub the series, but I doubt it...
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:39 am Reply with quote
Well, at lest it looks like it's getting animation treatment more akin to Vinland Saga than Berserk 2016-17. So that's a relief. Now, how many episodes? It will need to be around 39 at least to not be rushing the material.
Jinbei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:17 pm Reply with quote
30-31 volumes and approx. 3-5 episodes per book. Of course, the pages-into-animation count is kinda hard as a certain gruesome moment that takes almost the whole latter half of book 7 can be fit into 10-15 minutes. Just due to battle coreographics, landscape shots and just copious shots of reaction faces., there's plenty of pages that can be put into barely 2 minutes of animation. Hmmm.... 100 episodes sounds fair. Or 2 years worth. At easy pace, that is... But as the older series had a relatively slow pacing, they might hurry this one up a bit. If the first chunk is 24-26 episodes, i can easily imagine them fitting story up to the first half of the Mugai Ryu arc... or volume 7-8. Maybe 75 episodes total? Dunno... After the first season/chunk, it's easier to count when you know where they left off...
russ869

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Kenjiro Tsuda on an endless murder spree... will be quite ridiculous.
Meongantuk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Jinbei wrote:
30-31 volumes and approx. 3-5 episodes per book. Of course, the pages-into-animation count is kinda hard as a certain gruesome moment that takes almost the whole latter half of book 7 can be fit into 10-15 minutes. Just due to battle coreographics, landscape shots and just copious shots of reaction faces., there's plenty of pages that can be put into barely 2 minutes of animation. Hmmm.... 100 episodes sounds fair. Or 2 years worth. At easy pace, that is... But as the older series had a relatively slow pacing, they might hurry this one up a bit. If the first chunk is 24-26 episodes, i can easily imagine them fitting story up to the first half of the Mugai Ryu arc... or volume 7-8. Maybe 75 episodes total? Dunno... After the first season/chunk, it's easier to count when you know where they left off...

Considering this is most likely a Twin Engine productions (like other amazon prime exclusives lately), expect 4 cours (50 episodes) at most, or brace yourself with 3 cours (36 episodes).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2