• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach Manga Has 120 Million Copies in Print Worldwide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luis.couto.56

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:01 am Reply with quote
catch this you haters
#respect
Nico_Astray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:59 am Reply with quote
xasli#879653 wrote:
No, it didn't tanked, the manga wasnt cancelled, it was a decission from both kubo, and shonen jump to rushed it due to kubos health, which he was already had problems with it before that, again those last chapters were rushed due to his declining health, bleach was ranking in the middle of the polls always, and the sales were decently stable half a million per volume. maybe because it could help bleach in the future, oh lol go to the official twitter site of the movie and try to type that again, yes majority disliked the ending due to being rushed and really short on information and mayor characters, not because of the epilogue, yes of course because there were 10 chapters of rushed material in the final volume whats the surprise in that, the content before that was decent, you mean naruto the series who ended with no rush due to the authors good health, with a proper conclusion and no lack of information, yeah no kidding you are comparing it as if kubo wanted to do this stuff, when he obviously had to rush it and not because of a cancelation, the majority of fans hate the rushed climax and missing information not the epilogue.

Of course it was cancelled. If health was an issue, they would have delayed the finale. Just look at Hunter x Hunter and D.Gray-Man. If health were an issue, those two would have been cancelled years ago.
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:38 pm Reply with quote
no it wasnt cancelled do your research if you want, kubo decided to end it there because he couldnt keep going with his injury which was a broken ligament in his arm, it was rushed due to kubos and shonen jump decissions it want cancelled, and as kubo already stated he isnt the one to like to have breaks before concluding his work.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Yeah, it tanked. It got effectively canceled, that's why the last four chapters or so were so rushed. It had been skirting by the bottom of the polls for months and the already diminished volume sales were getting smaller and smaller. I honestly don't know why they decided to make the live action, I've seen zero (0) people excited about it. And nobody liked the ending. The final volume has an average score of 2.5/5 on Amazon Japan, whereas the five volumes before it have 3.5-4. Compare it to Naruto's final volume which has 4/5 stars rating, even though there was also a lot of backlash to the endgame pairings. The fans hated the Bleach ending.

Taken on its own the final chapter is fine. It's a basic "distant finale but hinting the adventure never ends" thing. The problem is everything leading up to it was a mess and so many plot points were dropped or unaddressed it was maddening, which is where a lot of the criticism comes from.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:57 pm Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:
Yeah, the manga pretty much tanked after the fight with Grimmjow and Ulquiorra.

No, it's table-of-contents placement rankings remained within the Top 5 range, and tankobon sales for the bulk of the Arrancar arc hovered in the 600K range on their first week.

BLEACH was not cancelled; I feel like that is obvious to anyone paying attention, and I'm not trying to "dispute" this, but if I don't say this, people will tout the opposite with no counter, so to the untrained eye, it looks like somebody knows what they are talking about. It's like if somebody came in and said "skunks can be found in the color magenta" and then nobody said anything, and just let the dumb float in the air.

I'm surprised there wasn't an announcement when it hit 100 mil.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:20 am Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:

BLEACH was not cancelled; I feel like that is obvious to anyone paying attention, and I'm not trying to "dispute" this, but if I don't say this, people will tout the opposite with no counter, so to the untrained eye, it looks like somebody knows what they are talking about. It's like if somebody came in and said "skunks can be found in the color magenta" and then nobody said anything, and just let the dumb float in the air.

You say this yet provide precisely zero (0) proof or evidence to back your claim, which makes your comment seem closer to the one claiming magenta skunks exist.

Bleach was canceled, as was Toriko which had also been rushed in the months preceding its finale, both fallen from grace has-been hits that no one was reading anymore and consistently ranked at the bottom of the magazine's poll. Here's a list of the order of publication in the magazine (which although never explicitly confirmed, has been a relatively reliable source of ranking results, with the series that underperform being left at the back) of one week of every month of 2016 prior to Bleach's cancellation. In all of them, Bleach is in the bottom 5, and all other series that were ranking that low were also cancelled during that year, with just a few exceptions reaching their natural conclusion

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
Last one before Bleach's final two chapters, which by having commemorative color pages were automatically bumped up in the magazine's lineup

Another thing that shows WSJ had already abandond Bleach was the fact that it didn't receive the opening cover and color pages, not once in the year before it ended, and it barely got one or two center colors in that same timeframe -color pages usually go to popular series, which is why HeroAca and One Piece receive them all the time.

The year it ended marked Bleach's 15th anniversary, but whilst One Piece had a full year celebration with numerous events, Bleach's was harldy acknowledged until literally the last chapter was published. Ichigo was replaced from the "Top 3" illustrations ever since it started falling off the public's favor, and is now rarely included even in illustrations that show dozens of Jump's most iconic characters. It was also well known that Kubo had a rocky relationship with the editorial staff, and that the Editor in chief wasn't Bleach's greatest fan

I don't know why Bleach fans are so reluctant to acknowledge that the series was canceled. There are mountains of evidence that prove WSJ had long abandoned Bleach and Kubo. Getting canceled and thus awfully rushed makes the atrocious final arc -especially the last 20 chapters or so- more defendable than claiming it ended on its own terms
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 pm Reply with quote
again bleach was not cancelled, again it was a decission from both kubo and shonen jump to end it sooner than kubo wanted because of his health issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWmWUwjsMWQ
https://twitter.com/i/moments/926914353680568321
https://www.tbsradio.jp/197344

there is your evidence.

bleach in its final years always ranked fine, and majority of time was in the middle.
yeah it did recieved a lot of color pages and lead covers, and one cover magazine, stop making stuff up, shonen jump still cared about bleach, and if it really abandoned like you wrongly think, then how it released two novels explaining some questions by kubo and a live action that could improve its situation.
one piece is shonen jumps biggest and most poular series, of course the marketing of it is big, that doesnt mean anything about bleach and yes even before the ending bleach was given recognition, doesnt mean anything ichigo is still one of shonen jumps iconic characters, the reason that naruto luffy and goku are more iconic and popular, has anything to with ichigo when his image is still on the boards on jump festa and other events, thats bs that some people invented as excuse, kubo had a normal relationship with his editors, only disagreeing with some things in how they handled their work, do you have proof that the editor in chief ever said that?

bleach fans know that bleach isnt perfect and is flawed but its still a good series, again it wasnt cancelled, its diffeent when you claim things that are not truth, as there are mountains of evidence that prove WSJ didn't abandoned Bleach and Kubo.
it wasnt cancelled, yes the rushing made the climax bad, but not the conclusion and the epilogue, the final fight and the information and characters are the problem, especially the last chapters which were truly the rushed began. no it didn't ended on its own terms because kubo had more to be done but he couldnt due to health conditions, but it did ended the way he always wanted to.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:40 pm Reply with quote
xasli#879653 wrote:

bleach in its final years always ranked fine, and majority of time was in the middle.
yeah it did recieved a lot of color pages and lead covers, and one cover magazine, stop making stuff up

I literally just gave you a whole year's worth of evidence of how Bleach was objectively, factually not ranking fine in its last year. Would you please show me "a lot" of color pages that Bleach received in its last year? You're the one making stuff up. Given that your argument boils down to "because I say so, I see no point in continuing this discussion with someone so intellectually dishonest.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:03 pm Reply with quote
^ More like delusional. It's pretty clear that Bleach was cancelled and that Tite was given plenty of time to end it gracefully, but chose to believe that it was all a bluff and then had to abruptly shut it down at the end. Some people refuse to believe this, though, which is why "Fan" is short for "Fanatic".
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:10 pm Reply with quote
xasli#879653 wrote:
again bleach was not cancelled, again it was a decission from both kubo and shonen jump to end it sooner than kubo wanted because of his health issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWmWUwjsMWQ
https://twitter.com/i/moments/926914353680568321
https://www.tbsradio.jp/197344

there is your evidence.

yeah it did recieved a lot of color pages and lead covers, and one cover magazine, stop making stuff up, shonen jump still cared about bleach, and if it really abandoned like you wrongly think, then how it released two novels explaining some questions by kubo and a live action that could improve its situation.
one piece is shonen jumps biggest and most poular series, of course the marketing of it is big, that doesnt mean anything about bleach and yes even before the ending bleach was given recognition, doesnt mean anything ichigo is still one of shonen jumps iconic characters, the reason that naruto luffy and goku are more iconic and popular, has anything to with ichigo when his image is still on the boards on jump festa and other events, thats bs that some people invented as excuse, kubo had a normal relationship with his editors, only disagreeing with some things in how they handled their work, do you have proof that the editor in chief ever said that?

bleach fans know that bleach isnt perfect and is flawed but its still a good series, again it wasnt cancelled, its diffeent when you claim things that are not truth, as there are mountains of evidence that prove WSJ didn't abandoned Bleach and Kubo.
it wasnt cancelled, yes the rushing made the climax bad, but not the conclusion and the epilogue, the final fight and the information and characters are the problem, especially the last chapters which were truly the rushed began. no it didn't ended on its own terms because kubo had more to be done but he couldnt due to health conditions, but it did ended the way he always wanted to.

Thanks for posting that Twitter translation of Kubo's radio interview; very interesting.
Raijin1983

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Bleach manga was cancelled. like katekyo Hitman Reborn manga. shueisha stopped caring for the manga and they still don't care. shueisha now cares about BnHA, Black Clover, and The Promised Nederland. Bleach character has been removed from WSJ magazine cover since years ago. in the 2017 jump festa magazine there's no Bleach character. again. the other one posted a video of one of the most blind fanboys of Bleach that spouts nonsense from his blind fanboyism as evidence that Bleach manga wasn't cancelled. hahahahahahahaha. that guy said that Kubo's new 1-shot manga is gonna be Bleach without any info at all. he just pulled it straight from his ass and pass it as a fact. this is how much of a blind fanboy he is. can't take that guy seriously at all
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
xasli#879653 wrote:
no surprise, no it is truth that there was a time in which bleach were in the bottom 5 of the polls, but that was when it still was in the lost agent arc, which was a disaster for bleach, after the final arc started go up, and always staying in the middle never going up, but not touching rock bottom either, it always touched the 450k and half million, and in the time as a big fan of two of those already mentioned that doesnt mean anything when bleach was still and always profitable, again it wasnt cancelled kubo decided to end it by its own decission for the reason i already mentioned, and thats a fact look it up, majority yes again doesnt like the ending but what what for really is bad the rushed climax, missing information and characters, sorry to correct you but it actually has a long variety of fans, and favorite of many due to some great figths, good twists in the story and new information, and that only could not concluded well due to the series ending so abruptly.

As mentioned if Kubo's health was a problem continuing the series rather than taking a break makes little sense. All and all that doesn't change the fact that Kubo did a lot of questionable stuff from the tail end of the Soul Society arc to the end that affected it's quality.
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
and i just gave you enough reasons to conclude that those last rankings meant nothing because bleach was not cancelled, want to see it, go see the manga in its last year it actually recieved plenty of color pages, im not making stuff up, those are hardly what my arguments stand for, i say what i have seen, and the evidence i provided, you if that is what you think then be my guess.

there is no delusion here, again bleach was not cancelled hence the evidence i already provided, that "ending time" in the end they would have let kubo end the ways according to pacing but everything was rushed due that he decided to end it sooner due to his health conditions, a bluff its to say that kubo decided to end it for some kind of revenge but it its not.no people already know what happened, you mean like any other fan out there?

bleach was not cancelled again, nobody knows about katekyo hitman reborn since no further announcements were made by the author, but in case of bleach, there have been refutals, yes because those are biggest series right now, of course those are the most important right now they deserve recognition, after all bleach ended, no when bleach was still on the magazine plenty of the characters were features in the characters group up, specially ichigo, yes there was inside the facilities, were a lot of boards with ichigo on it, the way you see the youtuber may be your opinion doesnt change that he said some valid stuff, like again bleach was not cancelled. that is his opinion but i seriously believe his one shot would be a new work, and for the best the future of a new series by him.

yes and that is called the lost agent arc, no it actually doesnt, there are some major problems to take a big hiatus specially in the posittion bleach has, and in the end that is how kubo worked.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:56 pm Reply with quote
xasli#879653 wrote:
want to see it, go see the manga in its last year it actually recieved plenty of color pages, im not making stuff up,

Since you asked, I actually did go see the manga in its last year, the last 52 chapters of its publication and yes, you are definitely making stuff up and no, you're not bringing any evidence to support your claim.

From chapter 634 to its finale 686,, from July 2015 to August 2016 Bleach received color pages in the following chapters:
Opening color: Ch. 640, 686, total 2
Center color: Ch. 680, 685, total 2

That's right, your "plenty" of color pages amounts to a whopping amount of.... *drumroll* FOUR -and two of them were for its final chapters, so they hardly count as WSJ showing appreciation for Bleach.

Over the same time period, Haikyu received color pages in 13 occassions, thrice as many as Bleach (Center 167, 170, 179, 187, 194, 203, 204 + Opening: 175, 183, 189, 198, 209, 213). On average, Haikyu received a color page once every four weeks, whereas Bleach got one every thirteen weeks

Bleach was abandoned by WSJ and cancelled, Kubo didn't have a good relationship with his editors and he was forced to rush the finale, and now Bleach as a property is dead and buried, that's all.
xasli#879653

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:32 pm Reply with quote
again Bleach was not cancelled, as i already stated in the evidence before, thats a bluff thats an excuse that people like you put to excuse the rushed ending, seriously did you even watched the links i sent the rushed happened due to kubos health issues nothing more, bleach is over not dead and neither buried, if shonen jump wouldnt give a crap about bleach the novels wouldnt be out, or even try to not see what would happen with the future live action. what does it have to do that another series with more popular votes in the rankings had to do with anything, people werent voting for bleach in the polls, doesnt mean there is no people who doesnt cares about it, even if they were four which is something, you still believe something that is not truth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3