• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Musou Game's 1st Promo Video Reveals September 21 Release in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnormonCat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Spoiler:

Half the game happens in a boat.

(That had me laughing harder than I probably should have)
Nah that'll be the bridging game between this one and the 10 year wait for the sequel.

As an additional can I just say that pre-order skin is just... Why???
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Bloodgod wrote:
A little strange that they are going with Black Swordsman and beyond for the setting of the game. The Golden Age arc is tailor made for a Dynasty Warriors game.

The game will obviously feature both, as pre-Eclipse Griffith has been heavily shown to be a playable character. The story will start with the Golden Age & then transition into the Black Swordsman stuff; how far into the latter it will go is anyone's guess, though the Berserker Armor has been shown, indicating that it should go at least as far as where the 00s PS2 game covered.
Isinfier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
There was a short piece of footage featuring Guts vs. Grunbeld floating around somewhere. That said, they've already stated they'll cover the Golden Age Arc to introduce new fans to the series. It's be a bit odd to drop them smack back in the middle of the Black Swordsman Arc, unless they threw in a gratuitous amount of flashbacks.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:
I wonder if they will bother dubbing it, they don't with One Piece and that has a bigger audience in the west.

the One Piece games ain't dubbed because they have characters in them FUNimation hasn't cast yet and they don't want to cast people just for the game in case they don't work in the show

they said so when someone asked them at a convetion a few years ago
Unlimited Adventure had characters who had not yet been cast. I wasn't to sure if the poor slaes for that was why no more had been dubbed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2