• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Real-Life 'Yu-Gi-Oh for HoloLens' Project Reaches Pre-Alpha Stage

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mayura_chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:10 am Reply with quote
Why so late now?
Couldnt they have made or developed this sooner? When Yugioh was still a big hit?! I dreamed about it YEARS AGO but now..... not that excited anymore....
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
ITS TIME TO DUEL!!! I dream of seeing the day when Yu-Gi-Oh! is made real one day hopefully soon my Dark Magician Girl. Very Happy
Silver4000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:38 am Reply with quote
I guess the next step is card games on motorcycles. Although since E3 last year that I haven't heard anything about HoloLens, and since Sony is already making a big thing out of PS VR, I kind fear that Microsoft will drop the HoloLens. Which is a shame, since I really liked what they showed last year.

ParaChomp wrote:
Amara Tenoh wrote:
It will really suck if Konami shuts this down before it gets released to the public.
Konami WILL shut it down. That is fact.

#FucKonami

But they won't only shut it, they will shut it down and make a pachinko out of it!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:26 am Reply with quote
Silver4000 wrote:

Although since E3 last year that I haven't heard anything about HoloLens, and since Sony is already making a big thing out of PS VR, I kind fear that Microsoft will drop the HoloLens.

Microsoft already distributed the HoloLens dev kits:

Microsoft HoloLens development kits are shipping today (March 30, 2016)

Microsoft releases second wave of HoloLens development kit invites (May 10, 2016)

Microsoft begins shipping 3rd wave of HoloLens Developer Kit, holding special demos (June 8, 2016)

Microsoft details first update for its HoloLens headset

3 shipping waves in about 3 months. But it's $3,000 so it's not yet for consumers but for developers and businesses. Obviously they're envisioning this beyond gaming, like their collaboration with NASA.

Also keep in mind, HoloLens is not a peripheral - it's its own computer. It doesn't need to be connected to a PC or console. It has its own CPU and GPU and OS. That's how it can go completely wireless.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
cornbreadman448 wrote:
I'd pay to see Dan Green and Eric Stuart dual with these HoloLens.

Same here, but with YGOTAS quotes.
Silver4000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Silver4000 wrote:

Although since E3 last year that I haven't heard anything about HoloLens, and since Sony is already making a big thing out of PS VR, I kind fear that Microsoft will drop the HoloLens.

Microsoft already distributed the HoloLens dev kits:

-snip-

3 shipping waves in about 3 months. But it's $3,000 so it's not yet for consumers but for developers and businesses. Obviously they're envisioning this beyond gaming, like their collaboration with NASA.

Also keep in mind, HoloLens is not a peripheral - it's its own computer. It doesn't need to be connected to a PC or console. It has its own CPU and GPU and OS. That's how it can go completely wireless.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
Konami: "its time to s-s-sue!"
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Also, remember that HoloLens is not VR (virtual reality), it's AR (augmented reality). In other words, it's overlaying the artificial image onto the real world you normally see, as opposed to VR which immerses you in an artificial image. In other words, it'd be more like the Duel Gazer in Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal, not like the NerveGear in SAO. AR is a degree more tricky to do right because it has to blend an image with your visual reality as opposed to faking a reality for you - part of the reason it's about 3.5 - 4 times the cost of most VR optios out there right now.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:15 pm Reply with quote
So ready for when yugioh finally goes into holograms! That anime is way ahead of its time!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Silver4000 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info.

Glad to be of service.
Also if ya guys haven't noticed, being completely wireless allowed that person to film the Yugi-Oh Project outside on the house lawn.
And what would allow duelers to battle each other in the streets of Battle City. Laughing
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmph It's about time!. Well it's time to dust off my old yu-gi-oh deck and teach this younger generation what the heart of the cards is all about!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Mayura_chan wrote:
Why so late now?
Couldnt they have made or developed this sooner? When Yugioh was still a big hit?! I dreamed about it YEARS AGO but now..... not that excited anymore....
Uh, Yu-Gi-Oh is still big though.

-Stuart Smith
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:

Nice. That's a good step forward using a projector on a table from games that just used a camera and TV to bring the cards to life. The hololens would be the next best step until we can get a real floating hologram to pop up on the table.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2