• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, September 21-27

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
VanGosroth wrote:
Some of these titles have been out for a whopping 4 days. Some as short as 2. Anything above rank 11 will probably break 4k by next week. Ill save my doom and gloom for then.

It does not matter on what day they are released. Most sales are from pre-sales day(pre-orders) and sale day.

Sales will continue to trickle in over the next week or so. It wont be as significant as day 1 but it's unrealistic to assume these are the numbers the sales will stay at unless the series is really bad. Hence the wait till next week.

Last edited by VanGosroth on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
VanGosroth wrote:
Some of these titles have been out for a whopping 4 days. Some as short as 2. Anything above rank 11 will probably break 4k by next week. Ill save my doom and gloom for then.

It does not matter on what day they are released. Most sales are from pre-sales day(pre-orders) and sale day.

Sales will continue to trickle in over the next week or so. It wont be as significant as day 1 but it's unrealistic to assume these are the numbers the sales will stay at.

Never said that, but the majority of sales do happen in the first 2 days.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
lot of disappointing sellers

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
It must be a really slow week for all shows with sales numbers this low.

Yeah, really. Or at least a very middling week. A lot of shows between 1-3k, and Charlotte is at the top with 6k... that's pretty weak.

I just went back to the archives and picked a random week, which ended up being July 20-26. 10 shows were above 4k, and most of them were middle to end volumes(none were vol. 1), with SNAFUs 2nd volume going over 9k.
This week we have just 4 shows over 4k, and 2 of them are Vol. 1... That's not super great. Confused

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Gatchaman Crowds didn't even make the chart.

relyat08 wrote:

Yeah, really. Or at least a very middling week. A lot of shows between 1-3k, and Charlotte is at the top with 6k... that's pretty weak.

I just went back to the archives and picked a random week, which ended up being July 20-26. 10 shows were above 4k, and most of them were middle to end volumes(none were vol. 1), with SNAFUs 2nd volume going over 9k.
This week we have just 4 shows over 4k, and 2 of them are Vol. 1... That's not super great. Confused

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something.

There's a lot of discussion on 2chan and dedicated "anime sales" websites about why the rankings look the way they do this week. As far as anyone can tell, the chart is accurate except for titles released on 9/25 and 9/26, which are missing their Amazon.com sales numbers.

We'll get a better picture of what those numbers look like on Wednesday, when the Soundscan rankings are released. For now, assume that Overlord, Kiniro Mosaic, Gakkou Gurashi, Fate, Kuroko's Balls, Seraph of the End, and To Love Ru might have performed better than this chart indicates.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
It'll be nice to see those figures once they are out. Hopefully they make a positive difference.

BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Wow, Gatchaman Crowds didn't even make the chart.

Yeah, for real... I guess I really was one of the only people who actually liked it. Crying or Very sad
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:56 am Reply with quote
Okay, here's what the Soundscan Ranking totals are adding up to for the Volume 1's (all calculations and explanations courtesy of the website I've linked to):

Overlord v1: 7368 (BD) / 1059 (DVD) = 8427

Charlotte v1: 6287 (BD) / 1119 (DVD) = 7406

To Love Ru Darkness s2 v1: 4219 (BD) / 536 (DVD) = 4755

Prisma Illya 2wei Herz v1: 2984 (BD) (neither Oricon nor Soundscan have DVD data for this show)

Gakkou Gurashi v1: 2132 (BD) / 345 (DVD) = 2477 (Soundscan has no DVD data for this show)

Gangsta v1: 1078 (BD) / 779 (DVD) = 1857 (there is going to be a BD box set released on the same day as the final volume, so people are probably waiting for that)
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:41 am Reply with quote
Soul of Gold sold decently again. BTW it also depends on the Cloths tho.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2