• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Knights of Sidonia Manga Heads Toward Conclusion

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackice85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:02 am Reply with quote
timber wrote:
The anime covers the manga up to volume 9 and the manga is currently at volume 15. This means that there is largely enough material for a new season.

On the other hand, when you look at the anime, the end of the first season clearly hinted at a second season, while the last episode of the second season looks to me pretty much like a closure with spoiler[Nagate returning to the quarters he was raised and leaving the medal he was awarded with on the simulator where he was told how to fight Gaunas and images of the whole anime flashing back in his mind].

On one hand this ending doesn't invalidate the remaining chapters of the manga, but it reminds me of the ending of "Hikaru no Go" anime which ended at a very good point but completely left out the international tournament arc.

I think it's just a 'safe' way for them to end it, in case they don't adapt any more volumes. Like you said it doesn't invalidate anything, but it just gives a little closure to the season.
melgar330

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Personally I would be happy with anything be it OVA, Movie, or third anime season as long as it holds true to the source material, i.e. not going so far off the rails that it breaks in half with a sickening crunch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2