• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu-Gi-Oh's Remastered 'Battle City' Episodes to Premiere in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
theNighster wrote:
technically there was an uncut re-dub with the same voices as the 4kids version, the problem is that it didn't sell well

Unfortunately that dub used the same terrible voice actors and some of the American names, even on the subtitle track, so it was inaccurate. I didn't pick it up for that reason and I imagine not many others did as well.

-Stuart Smith
Snackster1001

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
I don't want an HD remaster, I want a proper yugioh sequel. Konami needs to stop with the mediocre "x years after the original yugioh" shows and give us a Yugi or kaiba spinoff after atem leaves earth
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I downloaded the first episode, saw it was cropped, and promptly deleted it. Detective Conan's remasters are way better, but they don't come out that often.

Snackster1001 wrote:
Konami needs to stop with the mediocre "x years after the original yugioh" shows and give us a Yugi or kaiba spinoff after atem leaves earth

They'll stop making those when they stop making money and being popular. Besides, what is there to do with Yugi and Kaiba anymore? the whole point was finding Atem's memories and sending him to the afterlife. Pointless sequel would be pointless. Focusing on a new cast with new story potential is the right way to go.
Snackster1001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
They'll stop making those when they stop making money and being popular. Besides, what is there to do with Yugi and Kaiba anymore? the whole point was finding Atem's memories and sending him to the afterlife. Pointless sequel would be pointless. Focusing on a new cast with new story potential is the right way to go.

New cast, that's why zexal, 5d's, and GX turned out so well right? Yugioh anime series have been on the decline in America and other countries since the original ended (ratings wise), so there's no "potential" in a child market other than marketing to little kids in japan (who are too busy to bother with yokai watch and Pokemon already dominating that market). Also, it would only be pointless if they try the same plot and personality
kurowa-san

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
Snackster1001 wrote:

New cast, that's why zexal, 5d's, and GX turned out so well right? Yugioh anime series have been on the decline in America and other countries since the original ended (ratings wise), so there's no "potential" in a child market other than marketing to little kids in japan (who are too busy to bother with yokai watch and Pokemon already dominating that market). Also, it would only be pointless if they try the same plot and personality

It's still pretty damn popular in Japan, Zexal sold pretty well and Arc-V is one of the best airing series in my opinion. The game is still popular and the show is made to market it so they use new characters and stories to do it with. The decline in other countries can mostly be blamed on the half assed efforts to dub the other series, if they even finish them.
But if you really want to see a how Kaiba and Yugi are doing after DM, there's a movie coming out soon that's just about that.
megazero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote
Anything with Yugi and Kaiba should be good, as it will help us prepare for the upcoming movie.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Yugioh was fun to watch when it's the Tournament against Pegasus and the battle city arc.

The rest, i didn't bother

I heard they are dueling while on motorcycle the last time i checked? 2-3 years ago? not sure

Also, the hair-- i'm curious how they can cosplay it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2